Author Topic: has he hurt his paw?  (Read 630 times)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
has he hurt his paw?
« on: December 29, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
Last night Pepper seemed reluctant to get off sofa(!) but then started to limp.i looked at his left paw , couldn't see ant thorn or anything. all evening reluctant to put paw down , this morning sometimes does , fine when on walk but lter started limping again! wonder if he has sprained it.......what do you think?

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
Re: has he hurt his paw?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:28:01 PM »
Does he flinch if you touch it anywhere?  Try to get in between his pads, Jinley had a very small thorn a couple of weeks ago that only troubled her at certain times.

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 02:39:57 PM »
He did flinch when I  touched it last night. I can' see anything in his paws, butmaybe there is something there,  need to keep waching him. Is there anything i can do?i did try soaking it in water but not sure that helped.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:44:18 PM »
If he is licking it alot, then it could be something stuck in it, if he isnt, then it could be bruised.  Could he have trod on something on a walk?  If he isnt excessively licking it, I would just keep my eye on it for a couple of days but if it starts to feel warm to the touch, pop him to the vets.

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 08:44:55 PM »
he was licking it but seems to have stopped,i will keep checking incase it gets hot. thanks for the help.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 09:43:04 AM »
He might have a small cut? Charlie cut his leg, we'd never have known if it wasn't for his licking of it! Hopefully it's feeling better soon
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 10:27:29 AM »
Thanks, he seems fine now! I can't belive i was on the point of going to the emergency vet with him, i was really worried. anyway maybe it was a a small cut but he seems fine now!

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
Excellent!