Author Topic: Season approaches  (Read 4504 times)

Offline ips

Season approaches
« on: August 31, 2020, 09:37:57 PM »
Hi all.
Partridge season nearly upon us pheasant season not far behind so what has everyone got planned ?
I am not sure how many days loading / minding i will get as its still up in the air but i have about 50 days beating on the calendar with more to be confirmed plus about 20 days shooting
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Barry H

Re: Season approaches
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 08:17:34 AM »
Sounds great.  I wish you well.  I'm a bit envious TBH.  What could be better (with your clothes on) than plenty of outdoorsy type stuff with a dog (or dogs)?  Sadly not for me these days as gammy knee prevents a lot of walking (sniff).

Most of COL seems to have gone into hibernation for the winter...

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 04:16:24 PM »
[

[/quote]

I think everyone‘s cyber social distancing, it has indeed gone very quiet lately!
Humphrey and I have signed up for a Nose work Workshop  :shades: in a couple of weeks but its only fun, I don‘t expect it to be over challenging but am just hoping for a few more ideas to keep the boredom at bay - he‘s becoming a real couch potato lately!
Looking forward to seeing some videos of Eze in action again soon Ian!  ;)

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 05:14:18 PM »
I am sure you will both love the workshop.  Started with Muffin Scentwork over a year ago and he did his first trial in the early part of the year and passed with a clean sweep.  He can now indicate on two odours clove and gun oil.  We are working towards our Level 2 trial.  Working indoors off lead, on lead vehicle searches and exterior searches. 

Offline ips

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 08:00:09 PM »
Barry

Do some picking up they dont do.much...lol...i will get me coat 🤣

Offline ips

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 08:03:11 PM »
Jayne
I will see what i have re vid 👍

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 09:08:52 PM »

Seems like it... I read the few posts that pop up. But I am so tired after work that I usually fall asleep before I can manage to contribute in any way  :005: After months of isolation this spring, working with people all day is surprisingly exhausting :005:  Will be fun to see what the working dogs are up to this season. My lovely old dog struggled to find the deer that stood staring at her from a few meters away today. She could smell it, but was unable to see it. Even if I was a hunter, which I am not, I think she would be retired this season.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 10:06:06 AM »
Lovely to have you back, I love your posts of Eze in action.  Forum has been quiet, for sure.  I think that not being out and about means nobody really has much to say.  We are away for a couple of weeks at the end of September.  I am looking forward to the time off work, and getting out of the confines of the house.