Author Topic: Sad update George 12.12.04 - 22.09. 19  (Read 8178 times)

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
Sad update George 12.12.04 - 22.09. 19
« on: September 22, 2019, 10:34:24 PM »
I have not been on here so much lately. We had to make the vet sad decision of having George put to sleep at the emergency vets tonight :'( a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a lump on his neck, which started to bleed, took him to the vet, but they could not stop the bleeding, so he was sent to the emergency vets, stayed in over the weekend, having numerous blood tests. Picked up the results at my local vet. Was told he was severely anaemic with kidney disease. They decided to do a scan, where they discovered he had numerous masses on his liver and intestines. They asked if I wanted biopsies done and chemo  :luv:  route, but I did not think it was fair for George to through this. I was told he was not in pain and to enjoy the time left. He still enjoyed his walks with Hamish, but did not want to walk at the start of our walks, so we bought him a dog pram, something, I told myself I would never do ph34r
But it has been wonderful with George enjoying strolls with Hamish in and out of the pram. The last couple of days, he really went downhill not eating and staring into space, getting stuck in tight spaces and then crying to be freed, absolutely heartbreaking to watch. I am not very keen on my own vets,
But he was given a peaceful and dignified end at the emergency vet. We were both stroking and cuddling him until the end came. Our hearts are breaking. :'(  :'(
Thank you George for nearly 15 years of love, cheekiness, pickpocket extraordinare
God bless our beautiful little man  :luv: :luv:
Lots of love Mummy, Daddy and Hamish XXXXX
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Sad update George 12.12.04 - 22.09. 19
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 07:02:48 AM »
 :bigarmhug: so sorry its a heartbreaking time when we finally have to say goodbye. George was dearly loved and went over the bridge in the knowledge that he wasn‘t alone. Hang on to those memories, he hasn‘t left you, he‘s just in another place, your heart.
Run free on the other side of the bridge dear George.  :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 08:48:48 AM »
So sorry to read of your loss of George  :luv: Here's  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you all, I hope it helps at this sad time.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 08:49:44 AM »
Oh no, so sorry to hear this Steph - you must all be devastated.  :'( :'(

Have loved hearing about George's escapades over the years - what a lovely life he had.  :luv:

Be kind to yourselves and hopefully you will soon be able to think of him with a smile instead of tears. :-\

I hope Hamish is OK without his buddy.  :'(

Sleep tight gorgeous George - lots of COL chums to find over the Bridge  :luv: :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline lescef

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 09:58:22 AM »
It's such a horrible time. God bless George, sleep tight. Sending love to you all. Xx
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 12:46:27 PM »
Thank you all for your kind and beautiful words. Hamish seems to be fine. We will be picking up George’s ashes tomorrow from the pet crematorium. I could not bear to be without him for too long.
I know he will be meeting up at The Rainbow Bridge with all our other precious Girls and Boys
RIP my very special Boy  :luv: :luv: :luv: always loved, never forgotten.
Joules, I remember our very first meet with Coco and others such happy times :luv: :D
Stephanie and Hamish xx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »
So very sorry to read of the loss of George, what a wonderful life George had and in time I am sure you will see the happiness between this sad time.

Thinking of you at this sad time
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 02:17:10 PM »
 :'( :'( Oh no! I'm so very sorry to hear that your magnificent George has gone. He went to the Bridge comforted and reassured by your love for him and knew how much you adored him.
Morgan and Hugo send their love to you and Hamish at the loss of their uncle. Remember him always with smiles as well as tears. :bigarmhug:
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 05:27:27 PM »
Thanks Elaine, that is lovely thoughts, very much appreciated  :luv: :-*
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Gromit

• Site Member
  • Always look up.
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 06:06:43 PM »
So sorry to hear that your lovely George has gone to the bridge. Take care of yourselves. x

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 07:33:05 PM »
Joules, I remember our very first meet with Coco and others such happy times :luv: :D

Yes, I remember that too, all those years ago - all such young pups! What fun they all had   :luv:

I think Coco is one of the last ones left now  :'( :'(
Julie and Watson

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 08:28:12 PM »

Yes, I remember that too, all those years ago - all such young pups! What fun they all had   :luv:

oh bless her, I hope all is well with her, such a beautiful girl with a fab character  :luv:  :luv:
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 10:48:04 PM »
So very sorry to read this.  My thoughts are with you xx

Offline annclare

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 08:26:49 AM »
A heartbreaking loss for you, You will feel better when he is back with you and you can talk to him. I am writing this from a clinic in Corfu where I came on holiday, had a fall on the last day and 1 week later am waiting for repatriation. I left my two cockers in (familiar) kennels, said I would be back in a week and of course they are still there, and likely to remind so as I won't be going home but to a UK hospital. But at least I'll be on home soil and they won't be too far away.Life sends us cruel experiences, sometimes when we least expect them.I am thinking of you, take care.  xxx

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2019, 08:53:55 AM »

oh bless her, I hope all is well with her, such a beautiful girl with a fab character  :luv:  :luv:

Thank you, yes, she is doing fantastically well.  :luv: 14 in August, totally deaf, but still a norty noisy little thieving minx   :lol2:

Every day with her now is a gift  :luv:

Julie and Watson