Author Topic: Bailey The Rescued Cocker  (Read 14433 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Bailey The Rescued Cocker
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2021, 10:22:29 PM »
 :luv: Awww welcome Daisy, you are adorable  :luv:

Offline theshrew

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2021, 12:44:16 AM »
A bit of an update,

The girls and Bailey are getting on really well in the main.

It seems Daisy is a welcome addition to the family. Its really unlocked something in Bailey he's playing and generally enjoying himself more. Its sprang some youth back into Missy and gets involved with playing which she hasn't really done for years  :luv: Bailey isn't so keen when the others are playing tug of war, it gets a bit vocal tbh and hes not keen on that.

Id forgotten how much hard work it is to have a puppy, bloody hell she keeps me on my toes. Roll on Friday when she can go out for a walk.

AC1-A9167-3587-4-DA0-995-C-61-D280-D3-DCBF" border="0

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2021, 06:59:31 AM »
Oh what a wonderful picture of perfect doggy  contentment!!!!  :luv: :luv: So glad its all worked out so well for all 3!!! xx

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2021, 04:14:45 AM »
 :luv: :luv:  Aaaw Daisy is so beautiful.  I love her freckles.  How amazing that she is bringing Bailey out of his shell and showing him how wonderful life can be.  Some years ago when I lost my male cocker tragically at the age of 7, my husband and I had a long debate over about 6 months as to whether to get another cocker.  I was very much in favour before Molly became too old to accept another dog, and my husband was against the idea, partly because he was still terribly upset over losing Harvey so suddenly at such a young age.  Well I won, and we got Jazz, a male, at 8 weeks old when Molly was 8 and we both agreed it had taken years off her.  She really showed him the way, and mothered him a bit, and Jazz was great for Molly, who had always been a bit of a "plodder".  They played together and she really bonded with him.  Enjoy your new girl and wishing you many happy years together.  She is so pretty. 

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2021, 10:40:10 AM »
Daisy is lovely and obviously been accepted as one of the gang, so lovely when a plan works  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2021, 07:59:56 PM »
Well Daisy, aren't you a little beauty  :luv: Delighted that she has settled in so well and that Bailey has taken it all in his stride.  I admire you getting a puppy, not sure I could cope  :lol:

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2021, 10:08:03 PM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline theshrew

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2021, 12:14:57 AM »
Well Daisy, aren't you a little beauty  :luv: Delighted that she has settled in so well and that Bailey has taken it all in his stride.  I admire you getting a puppy, not sure I could cope  :lol:

Its 10 years since I last had a puppy 🐶. I’d forgotten how much hard work it is tbh 😬 Tbh she isn’t to bad really……. So far.

Ive been able to take her out since Friday which has helped a lot. She’s been great for both of the others. 

Hopefully off lead walkies can start again in the future, im sure Daisy will, fingers crossed Bailey can get to that point. I can’t let Missy off anymore because she’s deaf as a post and going blind. I really miss being able to do it, just something I’ve taken for granted for years.

Offline theshrew

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2021, 02:48:22 AM »
The Mrs has informed me its a year today we got Bailey. Having a GF does have its advantages at remembering dates etc although were going to my Dads birthday meal next week and we don't Know how old he will be  >:(

Baileys first year - well what to say. From extremely nervous Nigel to very confident at times on walks recently. However hes still converts back to the run away tactic a lot of the time in the house. On the whole i think its an amazing thing weve done which has made his and our lives so much more fulfilled. Extra Sausages for him today. He's such a nice dog bloody wish we had him as a pup.

Daisy - The Springer pup - WFT am i doing with 3 dogs  :005: Absolutely has changed the game. With Missy being 13 now all she wants to do is sleep, wouldn't go for a walk. Bailey wouldn't play, throw a pup in and its like weve knocked 5 years off Missy and Bailey has started to lean what having a play is, he hasn't reached full spaniel spanner mode yet nor do i think he will but its great to see he's got to where he has.

Happy boy,  hopefully even more so going forward :luv:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2021, 06:20:18 AM »
Happy gotcha day Bailey  :luv:

Good to hear you’ve knocked years off Missy with getting Daisy and Bailey is learning to play  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2021, 07:35:45 AM »
 :luv: Have a lovely Gotcha Day Bailey!!!
(Maybe we need a new addition, Humph‘s getting to be a real stubborn couch potato, >:(  - must have got it off OH, >:(:005:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2021, 09:29:38 AM »
Happy gotcha day to all of you  :happydance: :bigarmhug:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2021, 04:49:39 PM »
Happy Gotcha day Bailey  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline theshrew

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2021, 01:50:21 AM »
Its been a while since ive updated this. The boy is continuing to make progress although steady tbf but the main thing is he's getting there. He's so much more happy now, playing a lot more and trust is building a massively . He even sat on my Mrs Knee for a few mins at weekend.

Anyway we come to tonight and I'm lost a little to his behavior tbh.

Either he was trying to play with Daisy in a way he's never done before ( although i can see him getting to this point ) or i think possibly more likely trying to get his leg over   :luv: :police: :005:

He's an ex stud dog ( lucky b***** ) but has had the old swingers chopped off now poor fella :o

Having never had a male dog before I'm not sure what they do to try and get jiggy. Nor can i remember when bitches have there first season, Daisy i think is about 8 months old now. Over the last few weeks her nips have started to show but we haven't seen any signs of being in season yet.

Any ideas ?

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2021, 03:25:47 PM »
Ooo sounds like you going to have your hands full when Daisy comes in to season

Ash is 10 months and no season yet, I think they are like us humans and can be anything from 6 months to 2 years for a first season

Sorry can’t help with the other matter