Author Topic: Sad update on Charlie  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Suzyrus

Sad update on Charlie
« on: September 20, 2020, 04:44:56 PM »
Sadly we had to have our beautiful, adorable boy Charlie put to sleep this morning. We are absolutely heartbroken. We took him to our local vet and they were just perfect. We went into the garden at the vet. She bought us a blanket for me, hubby and Charlie to sit on. She then came and gave Charlie an injection. He laid down in both our arms and slowly went to sleep. She kept coming back out to check on us. She allowed us to have as long as we wanted. The sun came out and Charlie was snoring. We had about 30 minutes with him. She then carried Charlie into the vets to give him his final injection. He really did have the perfect send off. She never mentioned the money just said have as long as you want sat in the garden and we will be in touch next week.
The pain for us is unbearable but we have our little cavapoo Chester to help get through this. He has never been apart from Charlie since the day we bought him home 8 years ago. Just hoping he’s going to be ok 😁

Offline woodlander

Re: Sad update on Charlie
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 05:00:06 PM »
So sorry to hear your news of Charlie.  He was so loved and a wonderful life with you which makes it all the more painful.  We are a week into our lives without Sweep - we try and think of all the good times and we know she’s in a better place without pain and so is Charlie.
Perhaps they’ve met up  ;) and are running about at the Rainbow 🌈 Bridge.
Archie our springer has been a bit lost this week but is getting used to our new situation.  We’ve just tried to keep to a routine with him & given him lots of cuddles  :luv:
Big hugs to you

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 05:46:21 PM »
So sorry, -nothing can take the pain away but I‘m sure the vet‘s sensitive approach ensured that Charlie went over the bridge without stress or pain and that will be of comfort to you.
Sending  :bigarmhug: to both you and Chester. Thinking of you,,and of Woodlander still,  - what a sad week it‘s been  :'(

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 07:53:24 PM »
  :bigarmhug: I am so sorry  :'(  Such a difficult call to make. You did everything you could and made all the right choices for Charlie. What a lovely way to go, loved and cherished and in the arms of those he loved. Chester will grieve too. It's only natural. Charlie is pain free and waiting for you at rainbow bridge. Run free Charlie  :luv:

Offline Suzyrus

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 06:46:47 AM »
Thank you for your lovely comments. The pain is so hard but it does help x

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 08:53:09 AM »
I am so sorry to read about Charlie,  I know what heartache you are feeling, yet what a wonderful vet you have so utterly understanding.

Sleep softly darling Charlie and know how much you are still loved.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 11:42:15 AM »
Really sorry to  read about Charlie, what a kind vet you have. Look after yourselves  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.