Author Topic: Snowdrops  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Snowdrops
« on: March 25, 2021, 09:23:44 AM »
Well, we had an expensive trip to the vet yesterday.  I am aware of which plants in the garden are poisonous and have always been careful, and Dylan so far had never been one for eating the vegetation. I was moving some snowdrops, and put them on a table in the back garden while I went round the front. Then OH came round to say he saw the boy eating one. Cue phone call to the vet and a trip for an injection to make him sick. Home with some liquid charcoal to add to his food (ugh, thick black viscous liquid, 40ml is a lot of stuff to add to a meal - fortunately he still ate his food). No ill effects thank goodness, except the bank account is £80 lighter.
When my dogs have swallowed something bad in the past I have used washing soda to make them vomit, but the vet didn't seem impressed with this, and as it was poison rather than some inanimate object I thought it best to be on the safe side.
Lesson learned  :lol2:
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Snowdrops
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 09:57:49 AM »
DYLAN!!  :shades:  tut tut tut!! No pocket money for you for the rest of the month!  :005:
Hope he‘s ok now Lesley - you may have learned a lesson but I‘m not that optimistic that Dylan has!!  :lol2: :lol2:  If he‘s anything like my four legged waste bin, it‘ll take more than being a bit sick to stop him scavenging!!
Hope he‘s none  the worse for it though (unlike your purse!).  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: from me and waggy tails from Humph‘
 :luv:

Offline LucyJ

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 01:28:38 PM »
Good news that he is OK -  my old cocker, Cooper did the same thing with bluebells which ended up with a similar trip to the vet / lots of vomiting

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 03:27:43 PM »
Yep, we have bluebells as well, in fact the garden is a positive poisoner's pharmacy  :lol2: ivy, tulips, daffs, rhododendrons, camellias, hellebores 😱😱😱😱😱😱. Good job je doesn't like salad, and at least he's not a digger, so the bulbs stay safely underground  :005:
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 04:11:15 PM »
So pleased that Dylan is ok  :luv: :luv:  sorry about the hole in your pocket

I remember having to take my previous cocker for that injection   :shades:  We weren’t sure if she had got some mouse poison, thankfully she was fine and we found out afterwards that someone had moved the poison beforehand so she couldn’t have got any but it was a very scary time

Hope Dylan enjoys the garden again without eating anything he shouldn’t  :luv: