Author Topic: Some more advice for Rhodri - update  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Rhodri0311

Some more advice for Rhodri - update
« on: February 23, 2022, 05:20:41 PM »
Poor Rhodri is still suffering with his ears. He’s had them flushed out under anaesthetic and has been on antibiotics now for several weeks.

We’re back at the vets for a check up on Friday but just after some advice in the meantime.

This week he’s been a bit off his food. He’s eating small bits but not like normal. In other ways, he’s fine. He’s going to the toilet and has lots of energy on walks but something just doesn’t feel right.

Is it possible that being on the antibiotics for so long could be effecting him?

I will definitely be speaking to the vet on Friday but just wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Thank you x

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Some more advice for Rhodri
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 05:58:13 PM »
I think antibiotics could well cause him to feel off colour as they can interfere with the intestinal flora. Humphrey had some probiotic powder  from the vet which sorted it but a spoonful of plain yoghurt might also help. Poor Rhodri, hope he‘s feeling better soon!  :bigarmhug:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Some more advice for Rhodri
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 05:49:10 PM »
Poor lad, I can offer no advice I'm afraid, but hope the vet will be able to help him, it's really worrying when they are not well for quite a time isn't it.  :luv:   :bigarmhug:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Rhodri0311

Re: Some more advice for Rhodri - update
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 02:13:00 PM »
Been to the vets this morning. Ears are looking much better, but still not quite completely clear so continuing with cleaning and drops for now.

I explained that he just doesn’t seem quite right. She checked him all over, no concerns but she took some blood tests just to be sure. Anxious wait now for the results.

Such a worry, I just want my little man back to normal. But having said that, when he’s out on his walks, he’s absolutely fine, pottering about everywhere and crying for his ball.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 02:52:17 PM »
Poor little chap   :'( Did you ask about the antibiotics and if they might be effecting him? I suppose if his ears are still not 100% that would also make him a bit miserable anyway.
Its dreadful waiting for test results, you start imagining all sorts but try not to worry too much, hopefully its all connected to his poorly ears and  when they’re  completely better he‘ll perk up. Fingers and paws crossed for you and Rhodri, keep us posted!  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 07:56:48 PM »
Positive news regarding his ears, it is taking a while though.  Blood tests are always a good back up, even just to rule things out.  Waiting on the results is less so. Paws crossed for the all clear.  :luv: