Author Topic: Medical Pet shirts  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Medical Pet shirts
« on: February 13, 2023, 07:55:51 PM »
Dylan had his op ten days ago (still waiting on histology), but I wanted to say that instead of the cone of shame he has been issued with a medical pet shirt. What a brilliant piece of kit. It's like a babygro, snaps around the tail, a blind buttonhole on the back for a harness. Mostly cotton, with a bit of Lycra. Easy to put on an take off, with a loops to roll it up for taking him out for a wee. Extremely well designed, he loves it, and our furniture and shins are all in one piece. Highly recommend. They also do other items for various conditions. Only available from vets I believe.
https://medicalpetshirts.com/products/mps-medical-pet-shirt-dog/i
Cheers
Lesley and Dylan,
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Medical Pet shirts
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 07:25:35 AM »
What a great idea! I‘ve just had a look at the other modelsl, perfect solution for leg injuries as well ! Sadly its nightmare trying to import anything from GB these days, I‘ve given up posting presents altogether (post early for xmas‘has taken on a whole new meaning!   >:D ) But thanks for posting.
Hope Dylan‘s doing ok ?
Sending  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: from me and Herr Humph‘ xxx

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 07:30:08 AM »
Correction - just seen they’re available at some vets here too! Good to know! Thanks

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 08:21:05 AM »
When Maisie was spayed, i used a baby bodysuit in the biggest size I could get which was for a 2 year old.  It was like a short sleeve vest but did up between the legs.  It fit Maisie really well.  Front legs in the arm holes and popped her tail out before doing poppers up under her legs.
When she needed to go out to the toilet, I just undid the poppers and rolled over her back.
I got a pack of 3 for £4.  They were all cotton and stretched really well.
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 08:58:17 AM »
Dylan had his stitches out yesterday, but his scrotum is still quite swollen so he's being monitored. You wouldn't think there was anything wrong, he's bouncing around as normal. Fingers crossed for the histology.
The babygros seem a good bargain, Vixen.
Lesley
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 06:21:41 PM »
Not had the occasion to use the bodysuits, but they look brilliant.  Pleased that Dylan is doing so well and being a proper cocker about the whole affair.   :luv: Fingers crossed for histology results.