Author Topic: First Season  (Read 946 times)

Offline shaz79

• Site Member
First Season
« on: October 02, 2006, 02:49:06 PM »
Hi Guys,

You'll need to bear with me as I am new to this !! I am the owner of an 11mnth Black cocker bitch called Poppy.

Poppy started her first season on Saturday and I am after some advice, as I left her with my friend who has an unneutered Collie dog on Wednesday. My friend said he wasn't showing more interest than normal in her but I don't know whether I should be worried or not.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i am a first time mum, and don't want to sound silly phoning the vets when I may have nothing to worry about.

Thanks

Sharon & Poppy xx

Offline crunchie

• Site Member
Re: First Season
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 04:00:56 PM »
Hi Sharon

I am the same as you.  Pringle my 9 month old blue roan started her first season last Wednesday afternoon.  I am no expert, but think you haven't got anything to worry about if she met this dog a couple of days before she started her season.  I had Pringle out for a walk Wednesday lunchtime and a couple of hours later her season started.  I started a post under the same heading last week in the health section.  I had lots of useful advice on what to look for from people on there, so it may be worth having a look at that.  Good luck.  I am sure someone will be along in a minute who is more experienced than me.
Ann and Pringle

Offline CAG

• Site Member
  • my girls, crumpet and hannah, both little tinkers
Re: First Season
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 06:02:49 PM »
if your bitch has only just got colour you shouldn`t have anythink to worry abou t, was she on her own with the dog if so for how long, are you sure that she is at the begining of her season, are all the questions you need to ask yourself.