Author Topic: Worker/show type mix  (Read 6504 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Worker/show type mix
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 10:42:42 PM »
Kirsten's got the KC database for Cockers - she's one of the lucky ones as it's not available to buy any more ;)
Jane

Offline workingcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.workingcockers.co.uk
Re: Worker/show type mix
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 12:24:16 AM »
yes - I bought the KC database which ran up to AE2 I think before the plug was pulled, although my discs only go up to AB4 (long story). Everything after that I am adding to a spreadsheet manually and will have to upload as a csv. My data has all been moved over to Breeders Assistant Prof  though otherwise I couldnt do it that way in batches. However, there are many many missing old dogs on the original KC data. pre 1984 it gets a bit ropey and although for example a sh ch/ft ch from 1963 may be listed, there are no parents linked to them unless they too had their stud book number and often no colour so I have a huge task of going through as many old stud books and monthly BRS's as I can lay my hands on  The original data as supplied by the KC did not give breeders or owners, nor eye tests or hip scores as published in the BRS so all that data(health only) is being added bit by bit retro

For example (and showing that I do like old fashioned show types ;I greatly admire her photos)
the following data has been moved from the KC database to BA - this is the data as supplied by the KC - I know she was a full CH and blue roan and also her breeding but she's one that I havent worked on yet - this is all that was supplied by the KC

Pedigree Of LUCKLENA MUSICAL MAID

Sex:           Bitch

+--
                 |     
          +--
          |      |
          |      +--
          |             
   +--
   |      |
   |      |      +--
   |      |      |