Author Topic: Oh Help....BARF again......I think its all going wrong.  (Read 5394 times)

Penel

Re: Oh Help....BARF again......I think its all going wrong.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 06:59:15 PM »
When I started feeding this way I only had two dogs - one pretty sick dog - Saffy, and Tilly.
Saffy had SLE a multisystemic auto immune disease - and I was convinced by a homeopathic vet that feeding raw was the only way to ensure that her system had as little stress as possible.  Previously to that, I had been homecooking for Saffy - but Chris really felt that raw was the way to go.  I won't go into details because I've said it all before, but it did make a massive difference to her health in the short term.  Long term she was never going to live into old age because that disease is a killer - but it certainly extended her time with us, for which I will always be grateful. 
Tilly is 8 now, and has been raw fed since she was about 2 - she is in fabulous health....
All the other dogs have been fed raw when they joined our family - so thankfully I didn't have to do 5 in one go  :o  they do all have slightly different requirements - they all eat tripe for breakfast though - it's dinner that is different - Lola only has pork ribs, and Barley isn't sooo keen on lamb bones, or beef - but other than that they pretty much eat whatever I give them.