Author Topic: Working Pup Pedigree  (Read 5445 times)

Offline workingcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.workingcockers.co.uk
Re: Working Pup Pedigree
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 02:18:24 AM »

He's got some Shoshan and Lochranza in his G.G Grandparents and G.G.G.Grandparents. The one I can't find any info on is Hazmair (Gold Sovereign and Gwendolines Dream)

Hi Kate - does this help?
Pedigree Of HAZMAIR GWENDOLINES DREAM

Sex:           Bitch
Variety:       Gold
D.o.B:         19/09/2000

+-- BRYNCERI BOBBEE DAZZLER, Chocolate Roan
                        +-- DANESMEAD RAZZLE DAZZLE, Tricolour
                        |      +-- MISTY BLUE STAR OF DANESMEAD, Blue
                 +-- OUR LAD CHARLIE, Blue Roan
                 |      |      +-- BURNCHILD ORANGE REVELLER, Orange Roan
                 |      +-- BURNCHILD LADY DOMINDA, Orange Roan
                 |             +-- HELLEBORUS THE LADY DORINDA, Orange Roan
          +-- LINDFIELD TIM OF KISSIMMEE, Blue Roan
          |      |             +-- KAYESS ODYSSEUS, Blue Roan
          |      |      +-- WHIPSPAN DARK N'DREAMY, Blue Roan
          |      |      |      +-- WHIPSPAN STAR REVUE, Blue Roan
          |      +-- BAKERS BLUEBELL, Blue Roan
          |             |      +-- WHIPSPAN SHASTRI, Blue Roan
          |             +-- GOLD CHIP DEBUTANTE, Blue Roan
          |                    +-- THE CATS WHISKERS, Blue Roan
   +-- SHERRATT FIELD VETCH, Blue Roan
   |      |                    +-- SH CH SHANAZ SHORT LIST, 0677BZ, Blue Roan
   |      |             +-- LADLOR LEVEL BEST FOR ROANRI, Blue Roan
   |      |             |      +-- LADLOR SECOND IMAGE, Blue Roan
   |      |      +-- ROANRI REPLAY, Blue Roan & Tan
   |      |      |      |      +-- GEMLAND SOLDIER BLUE AT ROANRI, Blue Roan
   |      |      |      +-- ROANRI DAYBREAK, Blue Roan
   |      |      |             +-- SAPPHIRE BLUE OF ROANRI, Blue Roan
   |      +-- BRANDLEA SAPPHIRE ROSE, Blue Roan
   |             |             +-- CLASSICWAY CUT-A-DASH, Blue Roan
   |             |      +-- JOALDY FAIR DINK-UM, Blue Roan
   |             |      |      +-- JOALDY MORNING MIST, Blue Roan
   |             +-- GLENNTREE MISS MONEYPENNY, Blue Roan
   |                    |      +-- GLENNTREE COUNTRY MUSIC, Blue Roan
   |                    +-- GLENNTREE MIDNIGHT MADAM, Blue Roan
   |                           +-- GLENNTREE MIDNIGHT BLISS, Blue Roan
 +-- HAZMAIR GWENDOLINES DREAM, Gold
   |                           +-- SH CH JANEACRE NIGHT SKIPPER OF HELENWOOD, Black
   |                    +-- SH CH SORBROOK BEECHNUT, Golden
   |                    |      +-- SORBROOK SWEET PEPPER
   |             +-- LOCHDENE CORNELIUS, H0287102H04, Golden
   |             |      |      +-- CRAIGALLIAN CANDIDATE, Red
   |             |      +-- LOCHDENE PIPETTE
   |             |             +-- LOCHDENE HUGGY BEAR, Black
   |      +-- SIMPLY RED OF SHOSHAN, Red
   |      |      |             +-- SH CH HELENWOOD HAYMAKER
   |      |      |      +-- LOCHDENE HONKY TONK
   |      |      |      |      +-- LOCHDENE BUTTERPAT
   |      |      +-- KINGASK LUCINDA, Golden
   |      |             |      +-- ROSCOMBE NIGHT CONSORT
   |      |             +-- LOCHDENE AMYTHEST
   |      |                    +-- CRAIGALLIAN CARBON COPY
   +-- SHOSHAN'S RED SONIA, Red
          |                    +-- LOCHRANZA COUNTRY STYLE
          |             +-- SH CH LOCHRANZA LIKE YOUR STYLE, Red
          |             |      +-- LOCHRANZA CANDY FLOSS
          |      +-- LOCHRANZA BLACK PEPPERMILL, Black
          |      |      |      +-- SH CH LOCHRANZA MAN OF FASHION, Black
          |      |      +-- HELMBRACKEN KATE OF LOCHRANZA, Black
          |      |             +-- LOCHRANZA KIND O'SWEET, Black
          +-- LOCHRANZA JOCELYN, Black
                 |             +-- BELIGAR POT BLACK, Black
                 |      +-- SH CH CLEAVEHILL POT OF GOLD, 0260BW, Gold
                 |      |      +-- CANYONN CHRISTINA
                 +-- LOCHRANZA HERE WE GO, Red
                        |      +-- LOCHRANZA GLORY BEE, Black
                        +-- LOCHRANZA SONG BIRD, Red
                               +-- LOCHRANZA SONG AND DANCE, Black

K
Kirsten Strachan
Lorne Working Cockers

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 02:31:00 AM »
Just to make sure... I did say that colour wasn't the first consideration only that it was 'A' consideration.

My dog as far as I am aware doesn't have any Rackatear in it but I am open to be corrected as I don't have missing data in her 10 generation pedigree.

I don't breed but will be using the Optigen tests and my breeder has now had his dogs eyes tested including another puppy from the litter all of whom were clear.  The more people that use it the better, bugs me that some working people refuse to believe that working dogs have health problems.

Offline workingcockers

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 03:23:02 AM »
Hi Tasha
For many though, coat colour is just not a consideration at all when breeding, including myself. Even though I personally prefer lighter dogs, I really dont worry about the colour of the stud dog as long as he has dark eyes  :005: - for example, my last litter was a white and black ticked b put to a black dog - 3 black and 2 liver.  Edited to add - now Ive finally got a pic in my box, the dog in the box is Stella who was put to the black Wernffrwd dog.  It was of no great int to me what colour he was. Most working breeders are looking for temperament, health, ability, stamina, intelligence, no vices such as barking(ever) or whining(ever) non-retrieving non hunting hard mouth, and style. It is very difficult to get all this plus selection of blood lines and I personally wont use dogs with really bad front, too light in bone, etc etc. Take out stud dogs that have the popular well known dogs in them  - I have my own reasons, and there's not a great choice left. Even less that have an eye certificate, even less again that have been hip scored (cant think of any dog at stud that has been) and the only working dogs that have been Optigen tested are mine. So for me, colour is just not a consideration at all and even those who dont health test and have their own criteria, colour is not a consideration at this moment in time for any of the breeders I know as the aim is to maintain the working standard and not let faults creep in - really the same as show breeders - put the best to the best and hope for the best..Im in no way critising your breeder and certainly didnt mean to come across like that if I did - each breeder has their own wish list ph34r

Im not too sure when and if Optigen will take off - its hard enough to persuade breeders to eye test and of course the eye examination will not show up the carriers who will have a clear eye certificate. It doesnt help that in the shooting press, there is a discussion about labs that are possibly pra carriers and the feeling is that no carriers should be bred from, but as far as I can tell, these are only suspected carriers and havent been dna tested. From the articles and letters, my interpretation is that there is a huge lack of knowledge about genetic inheritance and if a FT CH lab is confirmed to be a carrier, then no one will use him although of course if the mate was clear then there is not a problem and valuable dogs can be used and the problem wiped out in one generation after litter testing, so I think its fear of what might be discovered that it making breeders relecutant to test. Again, just my own thoughts!!
If rackatear isnt in the first 3 or 4 gens then not there. I have ab nothing against this dog but he and his son and grandson have been heavily used and we have lost many older lines and getting quite tight with our gene pool. I am seriously thinking about importing frozen semen from the States from some of the older lines that went across there = the Americans I would say are much further advanced than us in terms of routine collection and storage so its a thought anyway..In hindsight, I wish I had collected and frozen some of my past boys but that was before the internet and email and didnt have access to the info we have now.
Kirsten Strachan
Lorne Working Cockers

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 04:10:23 PM »
However, I cannot stand light eyes and would never either keep an animal with light eyes (even in a lemon or orange roan) and a stud dog would have to be outstanding to consider using one with lightish (medium is Ok once yellow never) eyes.
Excuse my ignorance Kirsten, but what is wrong with light eyes? Is it an indication of potential health problems or is it personal preference?
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »
Were you after particular lines??  You might not need to go back to america for them but the dog might not have been campaigned, more used as a shooting companion. 

Your right about how hard it is to get tested dogs I looked and struggled to be honest so had to ask my breeder to test.  Ayla is going to have her Hips tested same as my weimaraner, not sure whether to do it under sedation like I did my weimaraner or GA she wriggles alot and I'm concerned that we won't get a good picture.  Preference would be sedation though.

Offline workingcockers

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »
Hi Tasha - yes ...probably my last chance to get some of the older stuff back evaporated as the dog was a rough shooting dog and never trialled died of Warfarin poisoning a year ago. He was elderly himself and hadnt been used at stud so it may have ben a tricky mating with poss no pups anyway but it would have been worth a go..efforts to track down other particular dogs have come to nothing. I was fortunate in that a young dog I bought in -  a son of Whaupley Reiver has a dam who has  the lines Im looking for plus the Maesydderwens and Wernffrwds that are behind Reiver too which I love, so Ive got the best of both worlds in him but always looking to the future and planning ;)

Least you may have an option for the hips, my vets only do under GA but not complaining as they know I want to see the xrays :005:
cheers for now
K
Kirsten Strachan
Lorne Working Cockers

Offline workingcockers

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 05:48:11 PM »
Excuse my ignorance Kirsten, but what is wrong with light eyes? Is it an indication of potential health problems or is it personal preference?
Cant see there would be any health probs associated..They are just wrong in a spaniel as in untypical - a cold light yellow eye will give a hard or piercing look which is not the soft expression of a spaniel. Older breeders will have their own other reasons which would probably start an arguement if I posted them so Im sticking to the breed standard for this :005: To be honest, I havent come across that many cockers with really light eyes, see it more in springers
Kirsten Strachan
Lorne Working Cockers