Author Topic: Is Molly too small to breed?  (Read 2673 times)

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Re: Is Molly too small to breed?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 11:27:17 AM »
We are in South Cumbria

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 11:27:57 AM »
Lucy looks gorgeous  :luv: and sounds like a lovely girl ...good luck in your search for a playmate  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Penel

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 11:28:16 AM »
Good decision.
I would never breed from any of my dogs, as I wouldn't want to put them at risk - I also wouldn't be able to handle the responsibility of homing maybe 6 puppies for life to homes I thought were perfect.  I would want to keep them all.  You don't make any money from breeding if you do it properly, so that's not an incentive, in fact if things go wrong it could cost you an awful lot, as well as the risk of your bitch dying in whelp.  No one talks about it, but it happens.
Far far better choice to go and find another puppy - but try and get one from a reputable breeder this time please  :D  you should definitely see her mother at least, and visit a few times before you take her home.  I am sure others will give you advice on how to find a good puppy - I personally have rescues nowadays - had you considered that ?

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 11:31:19 AM »
Sorry about writing the kennel name - didn't know :embarassed:

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 11:33:14 AM »
I'm going to lock this thread as the ongoing topic is about finding a new puppy and not relevant to this section.

Lucy - if you wish to continue the discussion on finding a new puppy, can you post a new topic there please  ;)

Many thanks.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional