Author Topic: Spaying age?  (Read 656 times)

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Spaying age?
« on: April 19, 2007, 12:38:08 PM »
I have mentioned this in my Honey @ Home thread but had no replies so thought i'd post it on it own.

Honey has just had her 1st vaccination injection and the vets asked me if i was planning on getting her spayed. I said i was as we are getting Molly done in May, and the vet said i could get Honey done at 6 months of age.

Would any one reccommend this or should i wait until she has had her first season?

Thanks in advance

Lucy x

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Stacey

• Site Member
Re: Spaying age?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 03:21:51 PM »
Hi, Tia had her check up at the vets yesterday and they've advised the get her spayed at 6 months. I did qury wether she should have a season 1st. Apparently there is no strong evidence to prove that having a season first is beneficial? Since Tia is my 1st bitch im interested to see everyones opinions aswell.

They did also state that complications are usually with the older bitches that get spayed.

Offline inga

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »
Hi,
I would always let my bitch have 1 season as this gives her time to mature before being spayed.Hope this is of some help to you. :blink:

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 04:03:51 PM »
Im with Inga on this one.
IMO as well you should always let a bitch have her first season before having her spayed