Author Topic: viewing a pup without Mum. . .  (Read 6004 times)

Offline jools

• Site Member
Re: viewing a pup without Mum. . .
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 11:34:42 AM »
Vanessa, why don't you give the RSPCA a wee ring and tell them your worries about Megan?

I know it must be really difficult for you, but I do think you're doing the right thing. x
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline vanessa

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 12:35:46 PM »
Sorry for delay replying, do you think I should contact the RSPCA Jools? Haven't been to his home and as I said hes not very well so I dont want to upset anyone. Maybe I should suggest he contact them himself if the other dogs won't accept Megan and then the RSPCA could help him from there?

Thanks for your kindness and help x

Offline Billybang

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 12:38:46 PM »
Vanessa, when you buy a puppy the breeder will give the new owner the KC transfer papers, the breeder pays £12 for this at the time of puppy registration with the KC, most good breeders will also order from the KC a 5 generation pedigree at a cost to the breeder of £6.

This gentleman would most certainly have been given the KC transfer papers and possibly the pedigree from the breeder FOC,

The new owner then sends off the transfer sheet for a cost of £12 to have the pup transfered into their name, they can order a pedigree if they don't already have one at the same time.

It may be possible that the original breeder did not give a KC pedigree, but most certainly would have given a KC registration form. If this gentleman has posted it off for change of ownership, perhaps playing devils advocate this is why he has no paperwork at present.  It takes approx 7 days to have the pup transfered and new paperwork returned.

If this were the case, then you could wait for the transfered paperwork to be returned before taking the pup, he would then need to sign it and pass it over to you, you would then post it off yourself with £12 to register the pup into your own name and you can order a pedigree at the same time.

The man in question can not charge you extra for this, you have to do it yourself once you have the transfer paper.

If there is no KC transfer, don't touch the pup with a barge pole, it may be stolen or unregistered to start with which can lead to bad temperament and health issues.

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 01:03:36 PM »
Sorry for delay replying, do you think I should contact the RSPCA Jools? Haven't been to his home and as I said hes not very well so I dont want to upset anyone. Maybe I should suggest he contact them himself if the other dogs won't accept Megan and then the RSPCA could help him from there?

I think it might be worth giving them a ring and letting them hear your concerns. If nothing else, they would know if there has been any other history with this owner.

Just out of interest, what colour is Megan?
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »

I think it might be worth giving them a ring and letting them hear your concerns. If nothing else, they would know if there has been any other history with this owner.

Just out of interest, what colour is Megan?

I totally agree give the RSPCA a ring and just speak to someone  ;)  If it were me I would do this or speak to the local dog warden for advice (but then I have a fab dog warden as she is also Fern's breeder  :shades: )

Offline vanessa

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 02:05:48 PM »
this is the picture of Megan. Isn't she sweet, chocolate and white.

Edited to remove photo link

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 02:13:20 PM »
Vanessa

Do you have any more pics? I could be making major assumptions here, based on one photo.. but it looks like she's in a shed with a wooden barrier across..... like you see in many puppy farm pics  >:(

She is gorgeous though...

Were you after a show cocker or a working cocker??
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline vanessa

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »
Thanks for advice Billybang, thing is, he seems to have the papers already, just said he will sell her without the papers for £375, he says thats the reason shes cheap. Very strange I think, yet he could be genuine and sincere, I really just don't know, its all about trust isn't it??. . . . . . .

Offline vanessa

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 02:18:49 PM »

Had another two Caroline but I deleted them. Basically the same but she was over the fence a bit higher.

My father in law lives in this guys village, shall I still pop round bcos as I said earlier, the reputable breeder is the next village along??

Offline vanessa

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 02:20:53 PM »

Sorry Caroline, a show cocker, well. . . .  .basically a pet whom we can love and adore!! :luv:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 02:24:01 PM »
Vanessa, sorry but I've deleted the photo of the pup because it can cause problems posting photos that aren't your own. I actually think I may have seen this photo before which tends to back up the feeling most people have that this is not genuine - please stick with the reputable breeder and steer well clear of this pup, no matter how sweet she looks.
Jane

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 02:25:43 PM »

Had another two Caroline but I deleted them. Basically the same but she was over the fence a bit higher.

My father in law lives in this guys village, shall I still pop round bcos as I said earlier, the reputable breeder is the next village along??

My head says no, dont go - my heart tells me I would go....  ::), as Jane, and everyone else says though it would probably best not to go, and avoid the situation completely

I am by no means an expert but I think Megan looks like a worker.... someone else might be able to confirm it though....  :D
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline vanessa

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 02:29:24 PM »

My heart is torn, I will leave it now. Who knows, that might not even be a picture of Megan . Sorry about the photo, you can tell its the first time I've used this forum! ::)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 02:30:02 PM »
I am by no means an expert but I think Megan looks like a worker.... someone else might be able to confirm it though....  :D

Yes I agree, she looks like a worker or at least a worker/show cross as seems quite common with a fair few commercial breeders in the Cambs area.
Jane

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 02:32:37 PM »
You're doing the right thing, go and see the reputable breeder, choose a little bundle of joy. And then you will be able to post pictures on here of a doggie that you do own.

Good luck with it all.

My little chocolate roan sends you cockers kisses  :-* :-* so you are ready for when you get yours
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk