Author Topic: registered name?  (Read 2527 times)

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
registered name?
« on: August 02, 2007, 03:48:40 PM »
Have just been 'googling' my puppys registered name out of interest and lots of other typs of dogs come up as well as cockers.  Her proper name is Kenmilleven Enchanting,  Am I right in thinking the 'Kenmilleven' is the affix given to her by her breeder? if so how can lots of other breeds have the 'Kenmilleven' affix??

I'm not fussed, just interested! - Also she doesn't have the same affix as her mum? I thought her breeder would give all her dogs the same affix?? or is that not correct?

Can anyone explain or give me an insight?! Thanks.

Offline hovis

• Site Member
    • www.kasordoncockers.com
Re: registered name?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »
Hi September!

I believe that the affix 'Kenmilleven' is the affix that is given to puppies that are registered when the breeder doesnt have their own affix. Ken denotes kennel club and the rest of it denotes the year I think that the puppy was born - I'm sure if thats not quite right someone will clarify it!!

Hope that helps a bit!

Your dog is your friend, partner & defender. You are his life, love & leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »
'Kenmilleven' is a Kennel club affix, the breeder probably doesn't have one of their own. The KC offer this naming service.

The 'even' part means she is a 2007 pup.

Hth
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 04:04:38 PM »
'Kenmilleven' is the affix used by the Kennel Club for dogs registered in the year 2007. It is not a breeder specific affix.

This post may explain a bit better
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=20812.msg261578#msg261578

Offline september

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 04:21:08 PM »
Oh I see! that makes perfect sense!

Is that something you can change then?

I wonder why her breeder didn't give her the same name as her mum, because for that she has used her surname so I presumed that was her affix.

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 04:41:13 PM »
I believe you're not allowed to have your surname registered as your own kennel affix. So it is likely that your breeder does not own a kennel affix, but was able to chose the dams pedigree name when she was a pup.  :blink:
For instance we got to chose Bella's pedigree name when she was being registered at 2 weeks old. Now I own a kennel affix which is Gowderbank and so all of Bella's pups have Gowderbank at the beginning of their pedigree names.  :D

I hope this explains things a bit  :blink:

Best wishes

Mary

Offline september

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 06:42:30 PM »
oh I see, how interesting!

So thats why she didn't name her pups Brookbanks whatever, cos its not her affix, just a name she got to choose when she got mum?! Mum is Brookbanks Lady but Roxy is Kenmilleven Enchanting.

Thanks Mary, its all really interesting stuff!

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 01:04:26 AM »
If you wanted to change her name you could have your own kennel affix that would then be added to the end of her name so if i did mine then it would be 'Paoates Pocket Rocket at blahblah' Paoates being her breeders affix, Pocket Rocket being her KC name choosen by me and then blahblah being my affix.  You often see dogs that are listed like that especially with showing even if they don't breed.