Author Topic: I'm getting little sleep, someone tell me this will end soon  (Read 6188 times)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
I'm getting little sleep, someone tell me this will end soon
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2004, 08:45:20 PM »
I felt for you yesterday when I read this thread.  I was lucky never to have gone through this with Lottie but having two children I could certainly relate to it :D  :wink:

Glad things went better last night, I'm sure he'll settle with all the advise you've been given and I can see that everyones reassurance has put your mind at ease too :wink:   Sure it will soon be a distant memory :wink:

Aww, thanks Mary! I felt really low then. I'm feeling much brighter today, I myself have three kids, and one of them was a dreadful sleeper, and I was feeling like a zombie again with Indie. Hopefully he'll be better again tonight

Shona :lol:                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 08:46:02 PM »
Well that's a step in the right direction Shona and so pleased to hear things are looking better this morning.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Dessie, I'm keeping everything crossed for tonight!                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2004, 09:28:03 AM »
I was feeling ill last night, and Indie had had a lot of walks and training today, so when he fell asleep at 9.30pm, I put him to bed. Naughty, I know, but I reckoned if I had to get up early, it was worth it, as I felt really fluey and my husband was away.

Imagine my surprise when I woke with the alarm at 7am!! First time in WEEKS I've been still in bed when the alarm went off, and Indie was snoring on his blankie - normally he goes mad, jumping, etc, but none of that, he even LAY down before I welcomed him, bless him!

Thanks everyone, I hope this continues!

Shona                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2004, 09:28:38 AM »
:) Hi Shona

Was just wondering if Indie is still behaving himself?                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2004, 09:38:39 AM »
:) Hi Shona

Was just wondering if Indie is still behaving himself?

Hi Emma, thanks for asking! He's been amazing, like a different dog, I don't know what's changed but I'm not complaining!

He WANTS to go to bed, and curls up and falls asleep - I'd thought we'd be lucky to get him down for 11pm, but every night he's going to bed at 9pm, and sleeping right through till 7.30am!

I feel like a new woman! It was like having a new baby, but now he's gone the other way,lol! I'm really enjoying him now I'm getting some sleep, there's a photo of him Ive put in my profile

Shona xx                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2004, 09:51:01 AM »
:D  :D Shona thats great news!!  Indie looks an aboslute darling :D   Chewing a drawstring I see :o                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2004, 09:58:02 AM »
He's gorgous Shona. Nice to hear he's settling down.   :D

Barb                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2004, 10:48:11 AM »
Thats great news Shona, he looks a right cheeky monkey  :D
Long may it continue  :wink:                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2004, 12:02:21 PM »
:D  :D Shona thats great news!!  Indie looks an aboslute darling :D   Chewing a drawstring I see :o

Thanks Emma, yep, that's my pj's he's pulling, his favourite game, the scamp!                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2004, 12:02:57 PM »
He's gorgous Shona. Nice to hear he's settling down.   :D

Barb

Thanks, Barb, I'm so delighted with him now I can sleep!                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2004, 12:03:49 PM »
Thats great news Shona, he looks a right cheeky monkey  :D
Long may it continue  :wink:

Oooh, yes, he's a monkey alright! I hope it continues too!

Thanks Gilly                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2004, 01:06:09 PM »
Great news Shona and he looks like butter wouldn't melt  :roll:  :wink:                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2004, 01:21:45 PM »
Hi

I know i've come on to this at the end and you proberly won't need it, but i thought it might be of help to someone.  There is a new product that you can obtain from your vet (and proberly from one of these canine chemist sites) called a D.A.P diffuser.  It works the same as a plug in air freshener, you plug it in the room the dog is in the most, think it covers about a 12 sqm area,  each vile lasts 4 wks and you just buy refills.  They can take about 2 wks to really get the full effects though.  Apparently they are a none chemical - ie won't dope the dog - pherimone  :? which is the same as that which is given of by the bitch when she is feeding, it therefore is supposed to make the dog more relaxed.  They were pushed hughley for bonfire night, but they are also recommended for pups settling into their new homes, or dogs which suffer from seperation anciety.  I have one on most of the time as Sasha (the welsh) can be highly strung and it helps no end, with out changing her personality.  We have also had very good feedback from clients at work.

Hope this is of some help

Torie & co x                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2004, 05:19:20 PM »
Hi Torie,

I'm the resident DAP diffuser pusher on this forum :wink:  :lol:  I agree that they are fantastic and were a godsend when vegas was a pup.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2004, 08:05:42 PM »
Hi

I know i've come on to this at the end and you proberly won't need it, but i thought it might be of help to someone.  There is a new product that you can obtain from your vet (and proberly from one of these canine chemist sites) called a D.A.P diffuser.  It works the same as a plug in air freshener, you plug it in the room the dog is in the most, think it covers about a 12 sqm area,  each vile lasts 4 wks and you just buy refills.  They can take about 2 wks to really get the full effects though.  Apparently they are a none chemical - ie won't dope the dog - pherimone  :? which is the same as that which is given of by the bitch when she is feeding, it therefore is supposed to make the dog more relaxed.  They were pushed hughley for bonfire night, but they are also recommended for pups settling into their new homes, or dogs which suffer from seperation anciety.  I have one on most of the time as Sasha (the welsh) can be highly strung and it helps no end, with out changing her personality.  We have also had very good feedback from clients at work.

Hope this is of some help

Torie & co x

Torie, thanks for your advice, I have heard of these before, and will keep that in mind in case he becomes bad at sleeping again, many thanks Shona x