Author Topic: Huge paws?  (Read 1842 times)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Huge paws?
« on: January 16, 2004, 09:35:14 AM »
Is there any truth to the thing that dogs will be huge if they have big psaws as a puppy? Indie is 14 weeks today, and his paws are enormous! He's just grown overnight, but I measured his paws and they are 2 and a hlaf inches wide, bigger than my neighbours fully grown collie!

Or do spaniels just have big feet? :oops:

Shona x                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Huge paws?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 09:46:12 AM »
Not necessarily.  When Mike and Colin first met Georgia, like me, they thought she had massive paws.  She's almost 10 months and she isn't big at all.  It's almost as if she's grown into her paws.  

Also it could be that when Indie is groomed and some of the hair cut back from his paws they may seem a little smaller.

What did his mum and dad look like?  I wouldn't have thought that he'd be any bigger than them.

Loraine.  :)

Edited because I'd missed out some words and it didn't make sense (too early for me  :wink: !!)                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Huge paws?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 09:50:32 AM »
As Loraine says, the size of puppy paws can be deceptive but I have noticed in our litters that the pups with the biggest feet tend to end up with very big bone & are often a heavier type than those with smaller feet (not necessarily taller though!)                    
Jane

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Huge paws?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 10:12:21 AM »
Bailey had huge paws when he was little.  Everybody kept telling us he was going to be huge, but he's not.  They can be really deceptive.  Think previous post right, they must grow into them!

Elisa                    
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline tittyfaloo

• Site Member
Huge paws?
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 10:20:07 AM »
:lol:  Maggie has huge paws, just right for all the swimming she'll be doing next year!!  :lol:                    
* KEEP SMILING *