Author Topic: He's not very hairy yet  (Read 2049 times)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
He's not very hairy yet
« on: January 20, 2004, 08:37:10 PM »
Indie will be 15 weeks this Friday, and has some feathering starting on his legs. His coat is still short though, when will it come in properly? Or does it vary a lot?

He's lovely and glossy since he's been on his Burns food, it's definately improved the texture, I'm just wondering if there should be more of it!

Shona :oops:                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
He's not very hairy yet
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 09:40:27 PM »
Hiya Shona,

I'm sure others will have better advice, but Butty didn't get any feathering really until she was about 5-6 months and then it seemed to take ages to come in...even now she hasn't got alot  :wink:  You'll be sorry you asked this question when you wake up one morning with a cocker puppy that looks like a Yeti  :lol:  :lol: I was at ringcraft tonight and there was a little 16 week old orange roan cocker girlie and she didn't have alot of feathering either  :wink: she reminded me how bouncy cocker puppies are  :D
As long as you keep grooming what he has got for a few minutes a day and get him used to it now...it will pay dividends when his fluff appears and he starts to grow a perm on his head  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Gilly                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
He's not very hairy yet
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 09:44:24 PM »
Hiya Shona,

You'll be sorry you asked this question when you wake up one morning with a cocker puppy that looks like a Yeti  :lol:  :lol: ... when his fluff appears and he starts to grow a perm on his head  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:  

Gilly

lol @ Gilly - what a great picture - I remember my Yetis well :D

Shona - patience - it will come honest - then you'll be saying, when will it be ready to go :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
He's not very hairy yet
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 08:09:42 AM »
Hiya Shona,

I'm sure others will have better advice, but Butty didn't get any feathering really until she was about 5-6 months and then it seemed to take ages to come in...even now she hasn't got alot  :wink:  You'll be sorry you asked this question when you wake up one morning with a cocker puppy that looks like a Yeti  :lol:  :lol: I was at ringcraft tonight and there was a little 16 week old orange roan cocker girlie and she didn't have alot of feathering either  :wink: she reminded me how bouncy cocker puppies are  :D  
As long as you keep grooming what he has got for a few minutes a day and get him used to it now...it will pay dividends when his fluff appears and he starts to grow a perm on his head  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:  

Gilly

I'm giggling at the thought of waking up to a yeti :lol:

He's fine with being groomed, I do him usually twice a day, and he is fine with his ears getting cleaned and paws examined. He is very very bouncy, like one of those bouncy Tiggers! I was doing some to heel work with him yesterday, and he kept just bouncing on the spot - I waited till he stopped and then carried on, but it's hysterical!

Can't wait till he has a perm - they are very in this year!

Thanks Gilly                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
He's not very hairy yet
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 09:29:25 AM »
Hee hee - I remember when Daisy's puppy fur first kicked in, you'll never forget it with your first cocker, and many blue roans do seem to have very thick coats :lol: Daisy looked like a little gypsy girl aged about 6 months onwards, all wild and bedraggled... with a top knot to die for - I couldnt look at her without laughing, and her coat just wouldnt budge! When it finally started to give aged about 7.5 - 8 months and I was able to strip her all over, the transformation from that into a shiney smooth and sleek cocker was pretty dramatic, and something you should really look forward to :wink:                    

Offline tittyfaloo

• Site Member
He's not very hairy yet
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 10:49:55 AM »
I'm chuckling away here because my Maggie is a Yeti!!  :lol:
Her coat is really coming on now and she's a right scruffy hound  :lol:
Sam & Maggie x                    
* KEEP SMILING *