Author Topic: Barnaby is home  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Katherine

• Site Member
    • http://www.howellsdesign.co.uk/katherine//
Barnaby is home
« on: January 23, 2004, 01:33:18 PM »
Hi
Sorry I havn't said much for ages cos i'v been quite busy with our new blue roan cocker spaniel puppy. We took him home on Saturday and he slept for the whole 2 hour car journey home. Then he went and weed in the hall :roll: His old owner called him Barnaby because all her dogs names begin with B. but we like the name so weve kept it.
We were quite surprised because we expected him to be very cautious when he came in (like our cat) but he bounded straight in and started chewing things.
His old owner bred cats aswell as dogs so he was quite used to them ever since he was born, but we din't expect him to be used to our cat. We have an enormous ginger tabby called Tom who wasn't very pleased with this intruder. We still don't think he has quite excepted it, but Barnaby wasn't scared at all.
He cries a bit when he's alone in his pen at night  
 :cry: but overall he doesn't seem very homesick.
He likes sticking his head into the more smelly parts of your body suck as armpits, and up skirts. He also enjoys chewing feet, shoes, hands, hanbags, socks, hair, glasses, noses, shirts, skirts, trousers, zips, books, newspaper, rugs, blankets, plants, plastic bags, shoelaces, string, carpet, piano pedals, chair legs, table legs, leaves, grass, jewellry and anythink else he can get his paws on. He even likes chasing the hoover. :roll:
The first few days were very hectic but its calming down a bit now. We are still trying to get him to wee on the newspaper, but he prefers going outside.
Whenever you lie him on his back, he goes all limp and he keeps getting his ears covered in food but apart from all that he's gorgeous!!! :D  :D  :D

I can't seem to get my pics of him on here so click on these links to see them

file:///Users/katherine/Desktop/Barnaby/IMG_0006.JPG
file:///Users/katherine/Desktop/Barnaby/IMG_0021.JPG
file:///Users/katherine/Desktop/Barnaby/IMG_0022.JPG
file:///Users/katherine/Desktop/Barnaby/IMG_0023.JPG                    
Katherine and Barnaby

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Barnaby is home
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 01:55:55 PM »
Hi Katherine

He looks a poppet ... pleased to hear that he is settling in well.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline pwhite48

• Site Member
Barnaby is home
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 02:18:53 PM »
Hiya Katherine

Brilliant to hear that you long wait is over - he's great, and I love the name!

Hope he continues to do well - Honey has settled in nicely now after 3 weeks at home and she is certainly asserting her position in the family!

Look forward to sharing puppy news with you
Regards
Phil                    
All the best
Phil

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Barnaby is home
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 04:01:20 PM »
Glad to hear things are going well Katherine - sounds like Barnaby is settlign in very well  :lol:                    

Offline tittyfaloo

• Site Member
Barnaby is home
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 11:14:24 AM »
Awww Katherine, Barnaby is such a lovely name!!                    
* KEEP SMILING *