Author Topic: Indie the hungry horace!!  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie the hungry horace!!
« on: January 24, 2004, 03:12:46 PM »
I can't really believe I am typing this, as a few months ago, I was typing the opposite :roll:   Indie is regularly wormed and for the past week, she has been a little ganet, mooching all the time for food, eating all her meals :shock:  but still wanting more and more, little horror, has even stole a biscuit off my daughter :twisted:   This is quite unusal for Indie, she is 9 months now and I was wondering, if perhaps, a growth spurt, is causing this strange behaviour :?   Or could this be a sign of some kind of health issue :?:  I have done the obvious checks for worms :wink:   It sounds as if I am being really daft here, but it is so out of character :?

Any suggestions??                    

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 05:54:37 PM »
just out of interest, has she had a season ?                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 05:58:18 PM »
Hi Emma
When Morgan was younger he was really fussy.  He wouldn't eat his food and I was quite worried.  Also, visitors would offer him the crust from a sandwich, a corner of a biscuit, even things like Markies or Schmakos and I'd tell them not to bother 'cos he'd only leave it lying on the floor - they were amazed that any dog would turn his nose up at food  :?  :shock:

Over the past 6-8 months he has changed a lot though.  He's still a bit of a grazer where his dry food is concerned (he'll never eat it all at once) but he will now eat every titbit that's offered to him.  He sometimes chances his luck and hovers round people when they are eating but if he's told to lie down and behave he will, which I'm really glad about  :)

I've no idea what brought about this change, but I'll be interested to read any ideas that others have.  :)  Maybe Gilly will be about later, I think Button's was another picky eater as a pup, don't know if she has changed or not.                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 06:42:17 PM »
just out of interest, has she had a season ?

No not yet Kim!  Do you think this could be a sign?  As I said it is out of character really, she is even eating her kibble without anything added to it, which is extremely rare :wink:

Thanx Shirley, will see what the others have to say too :)

By the way, can I just say, I have encountered MAJOR pc crash today :(  and its taken me about 50 mins to get on :?   If I disapear for a few days, you will know why :roll:   I think I may have some kind of virus, thats wiping my programmes off :x                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 09:57:30 PM »
Ruby became manic for food in the run up to her season (couple of months before though). She chased some poor bloke across the park one day for his fish and chips, much to my embarrassment!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2004, 10:03:16 PM »
It can be a sign,I've had some really fussy eaters that suddenly become complete pigs, in the run up to & during & immediatley after their season.
I think it is natures way of prepaing them for pregnancy.                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2004, 01:18:53 PM »
Thanx I will keep an eye on her :)  Hope its just the season thing and nothing else!