Author Topic: Static dog!  (Read 480 times)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Static dog!
« on: March 02, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »
Has anyone any useful hints or tips as to how discharge Fern?  :huh:

Every so often I find her coat is full of static electricity. As a result, brushing and combing produces small electric shocks which isn't particularly comfortable for either her or me.

Solution(s) please. Preferably ones that don't involve bathing her every day  or smothering her in expensive smelly dog products   :shades:  ph34r  ;)
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
Re: Static dog!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 12:47:38 PM »
Hmmmm, i know how you feel.  >:( We've had brand new carpet down throughout the house for 3 months and for 3 months Roxy and i have been shocking each 0ther ona daily basis!  :o With most cocker kisses  :luv: we tend to get sparks flying too.....i always get that....."wot did you do that for?"  :huh: expression from her!  :005:

Sorry, no advice here but i can sympathise because Rox too also looks like she's just put a paw in a plug socket after i brush and comb her!  ::)
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Re: Static dog!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 01:37:37 PM »
Ah. Lovely new wool carpets here too, I should have guessed  >:D . Now, how to reduce static in carpets...... :huh:
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories