Author Topic: OMG!!  (Read 2566 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: OMG!!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 07:03:55 PM »
Trading Standards and learn to do him yourself in future.

Hope it grows back soon so that the look softens but her behaviour is terrible.  :o

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »
She definitely sounds completely stressed out and really shouldn't be working in that state.

Make sure you take pics so that you can use them as evidence if you do report her.
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 07:26:48 PM »
I'm sure a professional groomer will be along soon with advice - (perhaps off board if this becomes a legal issue) but in the mean time, you could have a look at the website of whichever professional body the groomer belongs to (there are several), to find out what their complaints procedures are and what the minimum standard of service is  :-\  It is unacceptable to accuse you of cruelty and neglect, and if she was aggressive and swearing at you and you were alarmed, then you could report her to the police, too (it probably wouldn't result in a charge, but the police would visit her and intervene if they felt she was a risk)  :-\

I know how awful it is when they are clipped so short - Bonnee looked like a little skinned rabbit when she first arrived with us  ph34r, but her coat grew back really quickly, and I soon managed to make her look more like a spaniel  - she won prettiest bitch at a local dog show a couple of months later  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Spaniel Girl

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 09:46:46 AM »
How awful for you and how unprofessional of her, I would learn to clip and trim him yourself, there are some great treads on this forum about the subject.  I think her threats are nothing but hot air but unpleasant all the same.

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »
Just thinking about it last night and she couldn't report you anyway as you have taken him to the groomer! and therefore had there been a problem you were rectifying it lol and that would be all the RSPCA would look at (not that there was anything wrong) so she definately doesn't have a leg to stand on for that front!

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 10:04:52 AM »
I can't believe how this woman has behaved. I feel a bit sorry for her if she has been pushed to the limit but at the end of the day if your job is being affected then you shouldn't be at work.

I'm really sorry that your poor dog has had this terrible experience and I hope they've not been put off grooming now. I would definitely report her and then I would find myself another groomer. I hope the hair grows back soon. Have you got any pictures of before and after to show to TS?

Offline charliesdad

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »
Now I have calmed down a bit I don't know whether to report her or not, Charlie looks more like a mountain goat than a cocker!  but he's calmed down now.  I think she must be in the middle of some sort of breakdown and I don't want to compound her problems,  having said that I will not be talking him there again and I will spread the word around all the doggie people we meet on our walks!!
Trying to sort out a photo to share the horror!

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »
As well as telling other dog owners it might be worth informing the pet shops in the locality so that they don't refer anybody there. 

I think I would still be livid - what a darn cheek to say she was going to report you! Mad woman - she shouldn't be let loose on anybody's pet in that state.
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »
Trading Standards officer, via local Council thats where i would start off.
me too. She was obviously on the defensive I would say and that is why she kicked off so badly. Dont let her intimidate you. Take photos of the hair 'cut' and take this further. Dont worry about her threats of getting the rspca involved they will be unfounded and she is only saying that to scare you, she should not be doing this job if her personal circumstances are getting in the way of doing a good job, we all have bad days or get depressed etc, a hairdresser would not speak to a client like this, and you have paid good money for a shit service. She should have insurance for this type of thing.
Ugh I am so mad for you  >:( Take this further, I would  >:(
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 05:55:17 PM »
I think I would be very tempted to report this wretched woman to Trading Standards......not only because she has scalped your cocker but because she was so rude & OTT to you!! >:D Whether she's in the middle of a nervous breakdown is not your problem & is neither here nor there!! :shades:

As the others have said the fur will grow back quite quickly. :D
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 06:04:40 PM »
If she is having issues the best thing you can do is to report her. It will either: make her see she shouldn't be trading in this state and that she is wrecking her business therefore saving it for when she is better. or: Get rid of someone who shouldn't be a groomer at all because they have the wrong attitude. Either way you're in the right!