Author Topic: Bone defect in one year old pup - devastated  (Read 2844 times)

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Bone defect in one year old pup - devastated
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2022, 05:37:38 PM »
Hello,

what an amazing life Rosie is living, I read your original post and was very dismayed. As to finding a new friend, would you consider a rescue?  There are so many dogs being given up just now, and the puppy farming/backyard breeding is rife, I am not where you start to find a reputable breeder.  spanielaid.co.uk are very good.  Also https://www.caessr.org.uk/rehoming/dogs/needing-homes.html  Obviously this will depend on where you are in the country.  I hope you still have many more days with Rose and wish you well with whatever you decide.

Offline Dream Girl

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2022, 09:19:57 PM »
Thank you so much. I am so worried about buying a new puppy - who to trust.
Over the next few weeks I will do as much research as I can.
Also more than happy to take a rescue dog depending on issues. Having Rosie has not been easy but she has given us so much 🥹

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2022, 06:39:58 PM »
Sadly pups are being handed in to rescues more often than you would like to see.  If you keep an eye on resuces like Many Tears and Spaniel Aid you may find very young dogs are available.  I think that will increase in the new year when people struggle with the Christmas puppies.  I hope you have a lovely Christmas with Rose  :luv: