Author Topic: Yet another grass seed - AND ANOTHER ONE ARGHHHHHH  (Read 1729 times)

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
Yet another grass seed - AND ANOTHER ONE ARGHHHHHH
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »
Yes, Barney has done it again, another grass seed in his ear  >:D this time they could not get it out so he had to be sedated, a total of 20 minutes from arriving to leaving after paying the bill and we were charged £91!!!!!  is that expensive? cost less for Dex to be castrated

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Yet another grass seed - expensive?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »
Tis blurry expensive. Cost us 106.29 to have the flap of Paisley's ear cleaned yesterday.  Well worth it tho to get rid of the pong.

You might be better investing in a snood. May look daft but cheaper and less traumatic.  :D
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 05:07:17 PM »
Jaspers operation to remove the one in the paw was £250   :o

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »
Poor Barney, I have no idea at the cost, but hope he's ok  :blink:

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »
Jaspers operation to remove the one in the paw was £250   :o

OUCH!!!!! that is loads

Poor Barney, I have no idea at the cost, but hope he's ok  :blink:

He is fine now thanks, was v dopey last night, well until the cat came in then all of a sudden he woke up  ::)

Offline puppy love

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 08:02:12 PM »
Honestly these blurry grass seeds........ thought that the season was over but today, little Saffs was running off lead through foliage at ear height and when she got back her ear was really irritating her, she sctatches it while making a high pitched wailing sound  :huh: but she does that quite alot any way, today was she was also shaking her head so i thought thats it a grass seed in the ear and made an appt. at the vet. as i have become quite paranoid about these things  >:( I went out and came back and she seemed fine so cancelled the appt.

Really sorry to hear about Barney though, i must admit just the £30.00 pound consultation fee for even  checking Saffs ear was freaking me out, let alone nearly £100.00 and Saffie and Dex were spayed and castrated at the same time  ;)
Mims Saffs & Ins xxx

Offline puppy love

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 08:04:16 PM »
P.S forgot to say it cos £80 or £90 pounds in the summer for Indie to be sdeated and one removed.
Mims Saffs & Ins xxx

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »
I have been lucky and Woody hasn't had the grass seed problem........yet. But on monday I took my three for annual boosters and it cost £103.50 thats over £30 more than last years prices. Not that I begrudge a penny I spend on my dogs.

Offline flossy363

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 08:55:57 AM »
Hi am very new to this but my cocker Fudge got a grass seed in her ear this summer for the first time ever she's 7 and it cost 287.00 i must admit to been very shocked at this price she was sedated but it did seem very expensive. We have changed vets now not because of the cost but when we got her back she was covered in poo and didnt really get back to normal for about 3 days. >:D

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »
Do you ask for an itemized bill afterwards. I always used to as a few times when checking, I had been charged twice for the same thing.  When my vet realised I always wanted an itemized bill as my Poppy wasn't insured the price seemed a little less.

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
Re: Yet another grass seed - AND ANOTHER ONE ARGHHHHHH
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 08:19:29 PM »
Can not believe this, Barney has just come back from his new vets after ANOTHER grass seed and another £87!!!!  not a good week  >:D

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »
Time to invest in a snood? Poor thing, hope he's ok  :blink: He must be getting pretty used to the procedure by now!

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »
going to have to be a snood, you think I may find a black one?  he is only small, what size has to be the next question

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 09:04:59 PM »
What a nightmare, and poor Barney having to be sedated again. :luv:

I think someone on here was making snoods and said they are really easy, just a strip of material really, would you be able to make one yourself? :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 09:12:50 PM »
Snoods are the way to go - my 2 never go walkies without them now and I don't care if people think they look silly - it saves their ears and my bank balance!
However, Buffy (naturally) got one in her foot instead and that cost over £200 for the surgery to remove it....now where was that ad for the doggie boots and all in one suit of armour?? :005: :005: :005: :005:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(