Author Topic: Chloe is turning into a chunky monkey!! u/d lost half a kilo!  (Read 5004 times)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Re: Chloe is turning into a chunky monkey!!
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2009, 08:17:38 PM »
Oh I've just had a brainwave  :shades: I could pulverise raw veg and give bits of that as training treats  :D Do you think she would recall to a bit of pulverised veg instead of cocktail sausages  :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm gonna give it a go anyway  :D

Did it work?

Oh gosh, my brainwaves take a little longer to come to fruition than that  ph34r :005: Spent all morning cleaning (does anyone else get obsessed about having a perfect house when guests are coming  :dunno: followed by an hour and half lead walk, and no training sessions today I'm afraid to say  ph34r
Anyway, I've no veg in the house except a couple of mouldy carrots at the mo  ph34r :005: :005: Maybe tomorrow, meanwhile the poor girl is on half rations  :shades: ph34r :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2009, 10:52:21 PM »
Oh I've just had a brainwave  :shades: I could pulverise raw veg and give bits of that as training treats  :D Do you think she would recall to a bit of pulverised veg instead of cocktail sausages  :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm gonna give it a go anyway  :D

Did it work?

Oh gosh, my brainwaves take a little longer to come to fruition than that  ph34r :005: Spent all morning cleaning (does anyone else get obsessed about having a perfect house when guests are coming  :dunno: followed by an hour and half lead walk, and no training sessions today I'm afraid to say  ph34r
Anyway, I've no veg in the house except a couple of mouldy carrots at the mo  ph34r :005: :005: Maybe tomorrow, meanwhile the poor girl is on half rations  :shades: ph34r :005:

If my sis is coming - mm extra effort made, but all my friends are doggy related so I am not so worried if they come calling  :005:

Got a bit of manky carrot I wos saving for the rabbit - it that would help, don't think Rudolph will mind :005:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2009, 10:31:45 AM »
She looks lovely and perfectly healthy to me, my vet says to go on how they look rather than how much they weigh as cockers come in so many shapes and sizes.
I have problems with Bellas weight at the moment she was in season so could not get much excercise then she hurt her leg so I can only give her gentle on lead walks as the second she starts to run around she starts limping again. She looks chubby and she is also very thick furred so looks even fatter than she is.
I have cut her food right down and I am going to take her back to the vets in the New Year to see if she has lost any. Its so hard though isn't it as I dont want to think I am starving her!
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline apache

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2009, 10:09:56 PM »
I went for a training session with my cocker in the summer and was told in no uncertain terms that she was too fat and to get some weight off her, moved  her onto Burns potato and pork and she's lost 2k! Down to 13.2 and I can feel all the bones on her back and see her ribs. Both my dogs love it but I'm now going back to Origen and raw because their coats are suffering. I'll alternate between these foods now. A warning note.....some of our dogs are now having problems with processed chicken(not raw) if you have problems with loose bowels its worth checking out.
Good luck
Apache

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2009, 10:20:42 PM »
Right, I can totally understand if folk either don't believe this, or think there's something far wrong with my scales, or that I've starved Chloe during the last week. All I have done is reduce her kibble to the amount recommended for her target weight (which I'd put at around 13k); given her the same spoonfuls of wet food that's she's always had and cut down a bit on treats.....and she's already lost half a kilo  :o :o
She's running around like a loon, seems totally happy (and really devouring her food with gusto).
I just can't believe a dog can lose so much weight in a week  :o
Have I gone overboard with the diet  :o ph34r :005:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2009, 10:01:20 AM »
Right, I can totally understand if folk either don't believe this, or think there's something far wrong with my scales, or that I've starved Chloe during the last week. All I have done is reduce her kibble to the amount recommended for her target weight (which I'd put at around 13k); given her the same spoonfuls of wet food that's she's always had and cut down a bit on treats.....and she's already lost half a kilo  :o :o
She's running around like a loon, seems totally happy (and really devouring her food with gusto).
I just can't believe a dog can lose so much weight in a week  :o
Have I gone overboard with the diet  :o ph34r :005:

Cannot be going far wrong if she is happy I would have thought.  :lol:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
Re: Chloe is turning into a chunky monkey!! u/d lost half a kilo!
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2009, 11:19:13 AM »
like any animal/human the younger you are and the more active the quicker it comes off  ;) Molly had dramatic weight loss when she first came to us because she got so much exercise. We didn't weigh her when she came but she was rotund  :shades: she had a lovely waist in no time  ;) So no, not at all disbelieving that Chloe has lost quickly  :D
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »
like any animal/human the younger you are and the more active the quicker it comes off  ;) Molly had dramatic weight loss when she first came to us because she got so much exercise. We didn't weigh her when she came but she was rotund  :shades: she had a lovely waist in no time  ;) So no, not at all disbelieving that Chloe has lost quickly  :D

agree with Mrs K - now be careful you don't go too far the other way and get a ribby dog  :lol2:
helen & jarvis x

Offline spongebob

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »
Want to lose another lb next Sept Chloe?! Crazy Cocker Jo and co and myself and Twiggy are hoping to climb Ben Nevis in aid of Nessr  ;) We'll keep you posted! Jennifer

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2009, 07:26:55 PM »
Want to lose another lb next Sept Chloe?! Crazy Cocker Jo and co and myself and Twiggy are hoping to climb Ben Nevis in aid of Nessr  ;) We'll keep you posted! Jennifer

Oh yes, we'd be well up for that  :D

With all the walking we''ll have to be doing next year (for me to get fit for the Inca Trail  ph34r :005:) we should manage Ben Nevis in September no problem  :D

Fantastic idea  :luv: