Author Topic: Advice please!  (Read 714 times)

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
Advice please!
« on: April 21, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »
Grace is booked in with the groomer who I used to have for Rosie.  Rosie had been spayed and was always clipped to keep her wooly coat under control - Grace is only 9 months and I don't want to have her clipped in that way!  However, whilst a lot of her puppy coat is coming out using the Spratts comb, this does not solve the problem with the long hair under her chin, around her cheeks, under and around her ears and her legs which look like she is wearing a huge pair of snow boots! 

Is it usual to use clippers to shape the fur around the face, neck and ears?  Is it usual to use clippers to trim down the mass of hair on her legs?  I really can't see how the Spratts comb is going to help with these areas?

I know my groomer will be armed with various blades, etc., I would just like to be able to have input on what is done but need specific advice on the areas that are causing me the most problems.

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
Re: Advice please!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
my grace to is booked in to the groomers this Friday as she is like a yeti but i was wondering how far to go
will be watching this thread for advise to
sorry i cant help
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »
you can use thinning scissors in those areas - if you do a search on here there are pictures of how to trim feet.  ;)
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:58:34 PM »
I would also say thinners if needs be.  :shades:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx