Author Topic: Loyalty is..........  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
Loyalty is..........
« on: September 24, 2010, 07:47:26 PM »
Getting up at 1.30am for a cuppa when the dog you left sleeping soundly in your room just a couple of minutes ago, comes flying through in a right tizz because he woke up and you were gone.........

Bless him!!  That's my boy......... ;)

Offline smartietopdog

Re: Loyalty is..........
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:16:21 PM »
Awww bless!!  My poor old deaf boy often does that, and the opposite. We come in the house making hell of a noise, and he's asleep........10 minutes later he wakes up, and is sooooo excited to find you're in!!! :luv:

(I thought it was only me that got out of bed in the middle of the night for a cuppa!! ph34r)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 06:31:52 AM »
ive never been able to move without kizzy following me, but shes 13 1/2 now and i will leave a room and she will turn up sometime later looking all confused, as shes just woken up, i got up at 3.20 am this morning, and ella my other girl will follow me downstairs, and then take herself off to her bed, as if to say "im not getting up this early" she never leaves my side any other time of the day  :D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 06:50:01 AM »
Millie would do that but only because she would think its breakfast time  :lol: :lol:

Millie

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 08:42:56 AM »
Another one here that gets up in the night >:D But Selby is in his crate so no cuddles, cant wait for him to sleep with me, but he just digs the bed when we try.

It is just so nice to be wanted, does he go back to bed when you go back :luv:

Offline Petepreston

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 08:44:44 AM »
Hearing about Kizzy has me worried now. Posie will be on her feet faster than I think possible from a sleeping start if you so much as shift in your seat, let alone get up to leave. If both of us are in the house and in different rooms without her she cries at one or the other doors. If only one of us is out of reach she will hang around that door. Both out of the house? Silence. (at least, that's what we think happens).

She does the bed digging sometimes too.

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 06:37:23 PM »
Another one here that gets up in the night >:D But Selby is in his crate so no cuddles, cant wait for him to sleep with me, but he just digs the bed when we try.

It is just so nice to be wanted, does he go back to bed when you go back :luv:

Yeah I'm up a lot of nights, need the loo or can't sleep and get the kettle on....at least its just me and the two dogs so I'm not disturbing anyone! They are so different for mother and son, my two - Rio (mum) is on the bed in a coma and it would take a bomb to wake her up.....but Blue? (son) even if I have to go to the loo, hes after me - runs into the lounge, gets a toy and brings me a "prezzie" - not always appreciated at 3am though!   and yes as soon as I go back to bed hes on my heels, ready to snuggle down again.  I tell them about all the dogs out there in kennels and cold and how lucky they are, on my bed, all warm and snuggled up.......and leaving me with about 6 inches of mattress and hanging off the side.......wouldn't have it any other way....my babies!!   :005:

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 07:12:47 PM »
Isn't it wonderful to be so unconditionally loved :luv:

Offline Petepreston

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »
After reading about the little story Rio and Blue get, I think tonight will be the night that Posie gets to stay on the bed all night.  :luv:

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 08:40:45 AM »
After reading about the little story Rio and Blue get, I think tonight will be the night that Posie gets to stay on the bed all night.  :luv:

I hope Posie got to snuggle up with her mum last night too......... ;) xx

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 09:13:49 AM »
Hope Posie got on OK last night, theres nothing like a cocker snuggle in bed!
I just love waking up to find my dogs as close as then can get (think credit card!!) and me in the most uncomfortable position, hanging off the edge, with no duvet!!
Come to think of it, it's just like sleeping with OH, but nicer ph34r :005:

Offline Petepreston

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
Posie did indeed get the option of staying with us all night, but I had trouble falling asleep and that seemed to disturb her. At about 0130hrs she got up and sat at the bedroom door looking from it to me and back. I got up (no mean feat in my condition) and took her through to the kitchen to let her out but she went to her water bowl for a drink then straight to her own bed. She sat in the doorway waiting for her bedtime treats of course.

It was very nice to have her snuggling in but I think my wife might tell a different story because she was the one that kept getting paws diggin in to push her over, and the occasional nose in the ear or mouth.   :005:

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 01:27:20 PM »
Maybe you have to start the sleeping on the bed when they are pups.....I did!!!!  :005:

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
Maybe you have to start the sleeping on the bed when they are pups.....I did!!!!  :005:

:005: :005: Me too!
Michelle, Emily and Ollie