Author Topic: snow...  (Read 319 times)

Offline lemoniee

• Site Member
snow...
« on: December 01, 2010, 01:48:50 PM »
i know its not a very original topic starter but...taken Delta out (who is 5months old) in the snow for 2 days now, only for a quick run around the park with her ball. A couple of times half way through the walk she has lifted a back paw and hobbled along on 3 legs, when me or OH have picked her up to check it out and give her leg a rub she has been fine after and carried on what she was doing back on 4 legs...dont think she is in any pain, im thinking she is getting cold or got snowballs stuck in her pads? has anyone else had this with a puppy?

Offline siam

• Site Member
Re: snow...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:20:51 PM »
Last year Alfie's first walks after he was innoculated were in snow for two months continuously. This is quite normal with a pup or an adult dog in the snow unfortunately. Alfie tends to lie down when the bit in between his pads gets clogged uo with snow/snowball and waits till we remove the offending snow. He was so bad at the weekend that my son had to carry him back for the return part of his walk then he had to be bathed to remove all the snowballs.