Author Topic: New puppy equipment  (Read 3721 times)

Offline maddy74

New puppy equipment
« on: January 26, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
Hiya, Just been to pets at home and brought loads of stuff for our soon to be new baby  :luv:

I have got it all laid out in the front room at the min and OH is losing his rag....hehehe

Ive spent a fortune. But she will be worth it im sure.  :shades:

Offline mark1

Re: New puppy equipment
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 07:10:16 PM »
Don't forget the kitchen roll  :005:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
and the Marigolds  ;)

Offline maddy74

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
Oh no dont say that  :-\ hehe I was going to buy some of that carpet cleaner stuff that you have to clean dog wee wee up with, then I thought my puppy wont do that, Who am I kidding  :doh: I can live in hope.....

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
Hmmmm...  I sense a reality check pending  :005: 

Offline maddy74

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 07:51:41 PM »
Yes I think I need the reality check b4 we pick her up..... I dont know what will be worse, doggy wee on the cream carpets or muddy paws. Guess this time next month I wont be house proud anymore  :fear2: :fear2:

Offline mark1

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 07:55:26 PM »
Cream carpets  :005:  Sorry I can afford to be smug Bailey is down to one accident a day now  :cool4:

Offline maddy74

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »
How many did he have before? I havnt had a dog for ages and a puppy for even longer still. We are going to have such a culture shock...What have we done???? Only joking, I cant wait to have wee and muddy paws on my cream carpets.....  :005: Not to mention poop if we dont get her outside on time.....  :dance04:

Offline mark1

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »
I'm sorry I'm only teasing, it's fantastic and the occasional accidents are well worth it. They learn really fast and the accidents are few and far between, however muddy paws last forever, I've washed 36 today  :005:

Offline mooching

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
Not meaning to sound like I am bragging, but Alfie hardly ever messed on the floor so I hardly ever had to clean up. I'd gone out and bought lots of kitchen roll, and a special pair of rubber gloves just for the cleaning up (ie diffrent from my washing-up pair), but barely used them. I'd say he had fewer than a dozen accidents before he was housetrained (by 16 weeks) and most if not all of those were entirely our fault for not reading the signs he was giving. Some of this was down to him just happening to "get it" quickly; some of it was down to the fact that we were able to take him outside every 20-30 mins throughout the day right from the start.

So be encouraged, Maddy, if you're prepared and able to put the work in your little girl may pleasantly surprise you (and your cream carpet may be fine - well, from the wee at least anyway, probably not from the muddy paws and undercarriage!)

Offline maddy74

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »
36 blimey. I better go round to the whole family and stock up on old towels....hehe. I know you are only joking  :005:

Offline mark1

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
 :005: Three dogs x four paws x three walks. We have a great towel collection

Offline maddy74

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »
Thats good mooching. I expect some mishaps and we can always hire a carpet cleaner  :D I can always tie carrier bags around her paws for walkies..... :lol2: I am only joking.  :dance04:The mud is all part of the fun.... I better clear away all the puppy equipment all over my lounge floor as we arnt getting her for another 2 and half weeks. if any one walked in now they would think I had lost the plot....hehehe...

Offline maddy74

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
P.s does anyone else have cream carpets with a cocker. i must be mad. Might have to change in the future....hehehe Blimey mark that is a lot of paws..... :D

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »
I have a very old carpet  :021: and a very recent addition has been a lovely Bissel carpet cleaner.  We adopted an ex-breeding girl from Many Tears last year, and figured that it would be a good buy.  It has been a godsend.  Cream carpet in our bedroom, but the dogs don't really go in there.