Author Topic: New puppy equipment  (Read 3723 times)

Offline 04callahans

Re: New puppy equipment
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »
Oh how exciting! Good luck with the cream carpets though  :005: Barney has good days and bad days. He seems to be fantastic most of the time but every now and then he will regress. The hardest time for us is first thing in the morning when we are trying to get ready and get out of the house, but he's excited because it's morning. So us paying less attention + Barney being excited = more accidents than usual! lol!

So yeh, sometimes I think he's got it, and then sometimes he very clearly hasn't!  :005: But he's only 11 weeks.

We have paper by the back door, not to teach him to go there, but because he knows we go outside to go to the toilet, so if we aren't quick off the mark and we miss him, he usually does it by the back door. And *touch wood* we very rarely have a number 2 in the house. He knows to whine to let us know he needs it now.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 05:16:28 PM »
A foot rub to preserve the carpets its is then sarah1985  :lol:

Weve got the crate I hope she settles in it. Soon we will know....  :dance04:

Offline mooching

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
Maddy, have you decided where to put it?

Offline maddy74

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »
Not yet going to sort it at the weekend.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 07:11:37 PM »
04callahan Barney sounds like he has done well  :dance04:

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 08:11:32 PM »
On the toilet training front I bought some cheap plastic sheeting and put that down on the carpet with some old towels on top of it which saved my carpet 99% of the time....Pops was pretty good and got the toilet training idea quickly  :angel: however I also have a Vax Rapide XL which is brilliant at removing all doggy stains, really wouldnt want to be without it  ;)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 08:16:39 PM »
Yes I think I need the reality check b4 we pick her up..... I dont know what will be worse, doggy wee on the cream carpets or muddy paws. Guess this time next month I wont be house proud anymore  :fear2: :fear2:

We have (or had, should I say :005:) cream carpets which were routinely 'redecorated' in hint of wee, poo and mud by Odie for many, many weeks :P  Our carpet cleaner has been absolutely invaluable!!  ;)
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »
P.s does anyone else have cream carpets with a cocker. i must be mad.

We used to have a cream carpet. Now it is creamy brown with a paw print patten.  :005:
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline maddy74

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »
On no    :005: looking forward to having the pup, not so looking forward to doggie wee wee and muddy paws....lol....

Another question, do cockers shed a lot of hair. We had a cav king charles spaniel some years ago and she was just dreadful. Dog hairs everywhere. Maybe we should change our mind and get a goldfish instead..... :doh:

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »
Maybe we should change our mind and get a goldfish instead..... :doh:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Grace does not molt much at all.
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 09:25:11 PM »
Some do and some don't; I think it can depend on their coat texture too. Tilly doesn't shed at all but she's spayed and was clipped for years so she has a woolly-ish coat. Rodaidh and Caoimhe both have fine, silky coats and they both shed a lot, ginger hair everywhere.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »
We have cream carpets here with two cockers... we keep them clean by just not letting them in the lounge unless they are clean, dry and have dry feet :005: simples :005:.
Although with the toilet training- when Alf and Meg were pups we didnt have cream carpets so they didnt show stains as much. I can only remember Alfie having an accident twice in the lounge at our old house though- a poo and a wee. Cant remember with Meg. :blink:

Emma xx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2011, 10:06:10 PM »
P.s does anyone else have cream carpets with a cocker. i must be mad. Might have to change in the future....hehehe Blimey mark that is a lot of paws..... :D

I did have cream carpets, then had creamish carpets   >:D  :005: then had wooden flooring - best thing I ever did so easy to keep clean  :luv:

Diesel, who is castrated does not shed alot, Olli who is entire has a much finer, silkier coat and he sheds quite a bit  :luv:

Wouldnt worry about the dirty carpets, muddy paws, cleaning pee and poo, fur all over  and general wrecking of the house :005: :005: :005:  Just kidding your little bundle of fun will give you so much pleasure you wont even notice, have fun - Im getting puppy broody talking about it  :005: :005:  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline mooching

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 11:09:03 PM »
Maddy, maybe you could treat yourself to a super-duper all-powerful new vacuum cleaner as well?  :D

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
I also have cream carpet but I must be a mean mummy as I didn't let Mason in our living room until he had got the hang of the toilet training.  I spent the first month he was home living in the dining room and kitchen.  He was almost 5 months old before he spent great lengths of time in the living room and thankfully our cream carpet has remained pee and poo free  ;)

I didn't use pads or paper in the kitchen for the same reason others have mentioned - I didn't want to encourage him to pee indoors.
Elaine & Mason X