Author Topic: New puppy equipment  (Read 3722 times)

Offline redlottie

Re: New puppy equipment
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
Another one here with cream carpets and 2 cockers who just luurve mud  ;)

We try our best to make sure they have clean and dry paws before they are allowed back in after a run.  They stay for a dry off in the utility room which normally has the tumble dryer running so dries them pretty quickly.

With regards to toilet accidents we had them and we too used 1001 cleaner to good effect.  Mind you once Albie was toilet trained I did pay to have the carpets cleaned professionaly and they came up a treat. 

Offline maddy74

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:47 PM »
Evening all. We dont have a utility room and our cream carpets run throughout. :005:  Just gunna have to roll with it and like you say, we can always get the carpets cleaned professionally when she is out of the puppy stage.

Mooching, we do have wicked hoover that had turbo boost for pet hair. We dont have any animals as yet and OH used it and in time broke the attachment...typical now we are having a dog.... May have to buy another bit.

We are going to see her again on Sunday, I cant wait.

Offline MrsG

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »
We must also have been mean. We didnt let Jasper into the living room until he was more or less toilet trained which was only a couple of weeks to be honest. He's nearly 6 months now and we've only had a couple of accidents. He already jumps at the back door handle to tell us he wants a wee!

Crate training has been a god send for us too. Jasper normally goes in around 10.30 and gets up when we get up, has been as late as 8.30am on occasion. He wouldn't choose to go in there to sleep during the day though, prefers mommys lap!! It also is very useful when we've just got back from a wet walk, we pop him in his crate and he's usually so tired he flakes out (drying out in the process), think this has saved our cream carpets.......so far.

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »
Maybe we should change our mind and get a goldfish instead..... :doh:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Grace does not molt much at all.

I've hear  goldfish can leave wet patches too. :005:

Offline maddy74

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 07:28:59 PM »
lol eve, i guess you are right  :003:

Offline karen488

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 07:13:20 AM »
Hi maddy74. I haven't started my shopping yet as haven't done the 1st visit but did order some books from amazon.
House breaking a dog in 7 days
Clicker training
And The perfect puppy.
Think it's more important to occupy me at the moment!

Offline maddy74

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »
Karen488, Ive got the perfect puppy one, maybe I need to buy the housebreaking in 7 days?  :011: Thank you all fro your advice again. x

Offline Ollie

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
Laminate flooring here and plenty of kitchen roll :005: