Author Topic: Kennel Cough Vacc  (Read 390 times)

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
Kennel Cough Vacc
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:42:19 PM »
Hi Guys,

My two are going into kennels for an overnight stay in July.  The owner of the kennels said that they do not insist on the kennel cough vacc and their vet said it can be very hit or miss.

I got the impression that as a live vacc, it gives them a bit of the kennel cough, like us with flu jabs I suppose.

I'm considering not bothering with it, what are your opinions?

Thanks, Linz x
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Kennel Cough Vacc
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:51:49 PM »
The kennels where I go with my dog insists on it otherwise she will not take them. But now the vaccine last 12months instead of 6 months I do believe. Poppy or Pebbles never suffered any side effects, if it was me I would get it done.

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:23:08 PM »
The kennels I use also don't insist on it which is a godsend - the owner holds the same view on it as I do.

Jackson was the only one of mine who had the vacc and he developed a really bad case of it and took a long time to get over it. As long as I have access to a kennel that doesn't insist on it then mine won't ever get it.  :-\
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:54:23 PM »
Our kennels don't insist on it either. 
I spoke to our vet prior to the boys going into kennels for the first time and he didn't seem to have a strong opinion either way..........so ours have not had it. 

It is a dilemma isn't it?  I just hope we are lucky and that they never get it.  :luv: :luv:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx