Author Topic: help ozzy has a upset tummy  (Read 594 times)

Offline lounozzy

help ozzy has a upset tummy
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »
ozzy has had the runs today and has been sick this evening, he hasnt eaten all day and only drunk a small amount of water,
 he seems ok in himself, but im jsut worrying that there is something wrong, can anyone reassue me or give me any advice
thanks xx

Offline Mari

• Site Member
Re: help ozzy has a upset tummy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:52 AM »
Poor Ozzy! Have you checked his temperature? If his temperature is normal, and his general condition is OK, then I wouldn't worry yet. We've all had upset tummy, and it usually gets better by itself. Don't give him any food for 24 hours, then start him carefully on foods that are easily digested. Overcooked chicken and rice for instance, maybe with some yogurt (the type without flavour) to stabilize the stomach. The drinking is the important part, making sure he gets enough fluid. You could mix some yogurt into the water to make it more tempting, or if you boil some chicken use some of the water from that to add taste and smell. Hope he feels better soon!

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:42:51 AM »
I agree but also have a think if he's been any where unusual or eaten anything unusual i.e. no new walks, missing socks, chocolate wrappers in his bed etc. If there is any thing out of the ordinary he may need a vet and while i'd usually say give it at least 48 hours, what with the bank holiday, i'd be tempted to get in quick just in case they are booked out, i'm guessing between Fri and Mon it'll be emergency hours :/ .
Having said that, while it's worth considering, i'm sure it's just a little off day. Hope he feels better soon. xx
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline lounozzy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:09:44 PM »
he did have a swim in a river at the weekend so maybe he picked something up there.
 he seems ok today, no runny episodes since tea time yesterday, just a bit windy  :005: :005:

thanks for all your help, xx

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:25:53 PM »
Glad Ozzy is feeling a bit better.

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:53:47 AM »
Fern's got an upset tummy too and because my cat started with it we all went off to the vets - as well as giving her an anti-inflam jab and some massive tablets he advised me to starve Fern for 24 hours (from 3pm yesterday) - went for a walk this morning and she ate a mouse oops  ph34r
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x