Author Topic: Problem eating Junior food!  (Read 431 times)

Offline Nicola81

• Dexter
Problem eating Junior food!
« on: May 16, 2012, 11:27:49 AM »
Dexter has just gone onto JWB Junior food.  The pieces are a lot bigger than the puppy food and I think he is just too lazy to chew the bigger pieces!  >:(  He hardly touches his breakfast but usually eats his tea – probably because he gets something yummy with the kibble!

Has anybody else experienced their pupster not wanting to eat the bigger pieces?  He usually gets fed around 8.30am so would it be better to leave it till say 10ish when he might be a bit hungrier?!   

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole"

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
Re: Problem eating Junior food!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 12:43:56 PM »
Yup, Penny went on strike at breakfast when she was about this age. I mixed her supper with salmon oil, but she refused to eat the plain kibble. In the end I started giving her Nature Diet at breakfast which she woofed up. I admit to being an anxious cocker mummy because she was already quite small for her age.  :huh: The combination has worked well and she now cleans her bowl every time, and at one year old weighs a respectable 10kg.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Nicola81

• Dexter
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 02:20:55 PM »
Well he has been getting half a packet of the JWB wet food on his breakfast for a while but now he just licks the wet food off and leaves the kibble!    >:D  It’s frustrating when he use to just eat it up and now it’s like he can’t be bothered!  Just have to persevere with him and hope he goes back to his old self of enjoying breakfast! 

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole"

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 03:48:12 PM »
Maybe go back to softening it a bit with warm water?

Bingley's becoming a fusspot again! I'm beginning to think maybe his appetite just isn't so ravenous anymore  :-\ now they're big boys. Except where sausage is concerned. Or chicken.

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."