Author Topic: constantly scratching the carpet  (Read 483 times)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
constantly scratching the carpet
« on: July 07, 2012, 10:49:24 AM »
Pepper keeps scratching the carpet. I don't know if his paws are itchy, if he is bored or if it is for attention!I try to distract him but he is getting worse. His paws look alright to me and ideas?

Offline scotsclyde

Re: constantly scratching the carpet
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »
Instinct. Dogs like to dig. They dig holes to get cool in hot weather. And to just have a sleeping place. And I believe they just dig for the fun of it. Unfortunately for us they don't know that they can't dig a den in the carpet :005:

Offline black taz

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 11:28:16 AM »
Taz "digs" alot, but is tends to be in cushions.  He has about 5 cushions and a couple of blankets in his basket and it ALWAYS looks like a pigs sty because he wont lay in it all nice and tidy.  The annoying thing is that he always messes up Kira's before getting into his and she looks so put out :005: :005:

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 12:57:14 PM »
They can do it when they are bedding down, but sometimes it does seem to be an attention thing.

Brodie dug a lot when she was younger. Every time she did it I would give her the 'down' command which thankfully usually stopped it. She did spend some time in time out though >:D. She still does it now and then, not nearly as frequently as she used to and again when she is wanting our attention.

x In memory of Barney x