Author Topic: unusual sounds  (Read 289 times)

Offline karendorman13

unusual sounds
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »
I live a few hundred yards from Ashworh High Security Hospital, in fact the house we live in was originally built for the wardens and every Monday at 9 am they test the alarm, it sounds like an air raid warning. I have had Kol now for just over a month and today for the first time he was outside when test siren went off. He does not like loud noises at all but he seemed fine just a bit weary of where the noise was coming from. Do any of you live where there are unusual sounds? 

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
Re: unusual sounds
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 09:26:23 AM »
Do bagpipes count  :shades:

For about 2 hours yesterday band practise was takng place at our local TA centre, me & hubby loved it, opened up the windows so we could get the full effect. Made me feel all scottishy living in Scotland and all  :005:
I'm sure some neighbours were probably cursing them but I thought they were fab, plus it reminded me of my grandpa, he loved the pipes  :blink:

Should add, pups ignored it! They make far more noise than a full pipe band lol

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
Re: unusual sounds
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »
Hi

This happened before our puppy came to us but your post just reminded me of this occasion :rofl1:

Pedalling our cycles between the sea and Souter lighthouse the horn gave off this massive practise blast, my Grandaughter and I almost fell off with the sheer volume, but once recovered we laughed all the way home :rofl1: :rofl1:

Mel.