Author Topic: Changed to Arden Grange Light .. could do with a bit of guidance  (Read 433 times)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
Changed to Arden Grange Light .. could do with a bit of guidance
« on: November 26, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »
Charlie is currently on Nizarol tablets to help with his itchiness - it has worked.

However, when I last went to the vets, after a urine test he said that there was a bit of protein present and to swap foods, he was on Burns, due to Charlie's lets say lack of enthusiam when its walkies time  ph34r he suggested a light option - so I swapped to Arden Grange light - the flavour is chicken.

We had temporarily stopped his tablets but now restarted, but his itching has come back with a vegence and I'm inclined to blame the food.

I dont think he has ever been on a chicken option before - are the ingredients very different between Burns and Arden Grange ? 

I'm going to swap him (again) which I'm concerned about and might bob him back onto JWB - do Burns do a light option ?

Offline LinziS

• Erin
Re: Changed to Arden Grange Light .. could do with a bit of guidance
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »
Don't know about the difference in ingredients between Burns and Arden Grange but my Erin is on the Arden grange light and has lost nearly 3kg and doing well on it.

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Changed to Arden Grange Light .. could do with a bit of guidance
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »
Burns do a senior/light version, however I am not sure if he will still have problems on it? I have just checked the ingredients of Arden Grange light, and it has beet pulp in it which can cause problems to sensitive dogs. Burns light does not have beet pulp...

Just looked at the JWB light ingredients and beet pulp is also present in that, so that is something to consider. Of course, it may not be that at all - has the vet mentioned allergy testing or anything?

x In memory of Barney x