Author Topic: all off!!  (Read 2227 times)

Offline saffysmum

Re: all off!!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 06:26:11 PM »
I don't have any decent photos! All of mine are always soaking wet when shot!lol  Or else they are sitting down or lying in a swampy pond.

I forgot to add.  I use a coat king on saffy too.  Keeps the body area under control.

Re the oil - I suppose you could use baby oil.  I use anything handy (usually olive oil) but you can buy oil spray from online.  Remember, just a tiny bit and then build up.  It's great for waterproofing too!
There is a puddle on the floor,
tis there for all to see,
now is this puddle H20,
or is this K9 pee?

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 06:36:18 PM »
BTW thankyou to everyone else, sorry im not ignoring you!!!
Love seeing all these photos as you are all so much braver than me, im hoping once I have seen him groomed a few times I MAY attempt it myself?! we'll see!!!!

if you try to keep on top of it yourself it's easy enough to learn. I'm doing that but he does need a shaping,once I master that I'll be ecstatic
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 06:39:37 PM »
I love Penny with a lot of coat and a fleece with legs in helps especially at the moment as they are dry and crispy
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline sarahm2008

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 09:09:18 PM »

Hopefully this worked?! (not very good at attaching photos!) 3 hours at the groomers, no matts and managed to keep quite a lot of the hair!

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 09:12:09 PM »
Bless  :luv:
stilll looks like a fluff bunny, but under control!!
nice job!

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »
I also shave (bald) up her tummy(with skirt hiding baldness) and in between back legs(again back leg feathers hiding baldness). 

I also clip an "air-conditioning strip" along the centre of his tummy. There's still feathering visible either side and on his chest and under his tail, but it helps him stay cool in summer and he dries quicker when it rains.

Millie and Jennie also have air con strips built in  :005:
I thin out the feathering on their legs and tummies .. pretty much doing what Elaine does, only my 2 don't have as much chest feathering.  So they still reasonably look like cockers, but aren't so heavy going grooming wise.

I also coat king them inbetween clips. to try to keep them a bit tidier :)
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x