Author Topic: Summer Must Be Here!  (Read 1922 times)

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Summer Must Be Here!
« on: April 24, 2005, 04:54:30 PM »
Well, just got back from Sophie having her all over summer clipping!!

I was a bit nervous about it as it was her first clipping since we got her - but she looks fantastic!

Totally skinny minnie - but fantastic!!  :D

She had the full monty, clipped right down, ears trimmed down, head, feet, feathers gone the lot!  

She was getting really fluffy and curly - but now she is really streamline looking!  :P

I took her for a walk in a local field that the golfers use to practice in so it is always nice and trim and she was running about in the sunshine like I have never seen her do!!  :)  

It must have felt great to her!  :P
Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 05:03:32 PM »
Awww, bless her, I know I feel better getting rid of my extra hair, she must feel so free! It's a glorious day here too!x :)
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 06:29:34 PM »
Have you got a picture?

I'm thinking of getting Ham done, he's so hairy - where did you get her done?
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Penel

Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 09:00:59 PM »
Nooooo don't get Hamish done with clippers, you will ruin his lovely coat.... see if you can find someone that will use thinners / coat king, or handstrip.... So many people regret it when they use clippers - I really regretted it with Tilly.

Offline MummyJane

• Site Member
    • http://
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 10:17:32 PM »
Oh Shona don't get him clipped!  He is such a gorgeous boy, there must be someone near you who could trim him without the clippers   :o

Jane x

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 12:12:02 PM »
I have to say I agree with Penel and MummyJane, Shona!

I think you could end up regretting it long term, I'm sorry but it's not a good look :blink:

Is there a breeder up near you who grooms you could ask?

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 12:41:58 PM »
Can I just respond by saying that I am not saying that all cockers look good after being clipped!!  :o

Sophie is nearly 6 and has been shown when she was younger - but not anymore, so I don't feel the need to hand stip her now.  The breeder that I got her from did her clipping for me and that is always the way that she has clipped any of her dogs that are not being shown.

Sophie is very small, and has quite short legs, so sometimes the feathering makes her look quite stumpy almost......but now she seems to be quite happy that she is all trim!  ;)  She was running about chasing squirrels again this morning so that can't be bad!  ;)  

It is a radical change from before - but it will grow back, and it keeps her cool in the warmer weather which is all I am worried about as we are out and about all the time!  :)

Everyone will have differing opinions on this!

I do agree though that Hamish has such a beautiful silky coat that I would not have him clipped, but would try to find a groomer/breeder who can trim him a bit so that he still looks "Cocker like" - as oppose to Sophie who currently looks like a mini Pointer!!  :D  :P
Aileen & Beau xx

Offline MummyJane

• Site Member
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 03:46:19 PM »
Can I just respond by saying that I am not saying that all cockers look good after being clipped!!  :o

Sophie is nearly 6 and has been shown when she was younger - but not anymore, so I don't feel the need to hand stip her now.  The breeder that I got her from did her clipping for me and that is always the way that she has clipped any of her dogs that are not being shown.

Sophie is very small, and has quite short legs, so sometimes the feathering makes her look quite stumpy almost......but now she seems to be quite happy that she is all trim!  ;)  She was running about chasing squirrels again this morning so that can't be bad!  ;) 

It is a radical change from before - but it will grow back, and it keeps her cool in the warmer weather which is all I am worried about as we are out and about all the time!  :)

Everyone will have differing opinions on this!

I do agree though that Hamish has such a beautiful silky coat that I would not have him clipped, but would try to find a groomer/breeder who can trim him a bit so that he still looks "Cocker like" - as oppose to Sophie who currently looks like a mini Pointer!!  :D  :P
[snapback]120483[/snapback]

I am sure Sophie looks lovely  :)  I have seen some cockers clipped very nicely I just prefer them with longer coats, personal preference is all.  I have a friend who used to have his elderly cocker clipped as she had such a dense coat and it just made life much less traumatic for her.  I would love to see a picture of her she sounds lovely  :)

Jane x

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 03:54:21 PM »
Jane - if I can ever get my camera working (or save up for a digital camera) then the pics will be on here like a shot!  :D
Aileen & Beau xx

Offline brybry

• Site Member
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 08:24:26 AM »
Tiggerbabe, I had to have a giggle when you said Sophie look like a mini pointer.  I had exactly the same thought when I got my Cleopatra clipped last summer (Australian).  She was bald as a badger...I thought she was getting a bit chubby until I saw her without her fur.

And I've got to say that Cleo loved it.  No more burrs, no more tangles and when it got to 40c we were able to cool her down.  Mind you, now that it's grown back she looks like a woolly mammoth!!

sweetie

Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 01:22:39 PM »
aww bet sophie was dancing round like a sprong lamb with all her wooly coat off,bless her,at least you don,t have to keep pulling trees out her legs,my two don,t leave the park without them :lol:  :P x

sweetie

Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 01:23:19 PM »
*spring lamb rather* :lol:

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 02:38:17 PM »
at least you don,t have to keep pulling trees out her legs,my two don,t leave the park without them   x

Ahhhhh, the portable trees/brambles/sticky things - how I will miss them - NOT!!  :lol:
Aileen & Beau xx

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 08:53:36 AM »
:P  :P Bet she looks gorgeous. :P
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Summer Must Be Here!
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 01:08:59 PM »
Awwww Bless her.....I bet she will feel much cooler and happier.
I don't think I would miss all the extra bits that come home in Lotties coat :D
My daughter doesnt want her clipped though, so I have to keep persevering with the coat king and thinners :rolleyes: