Author Topic: Grooming sprays  (Read 485 times)

Offline ellicott

• Site Member
Grooming sprays
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »
Both Dolly and Rosie getting knottier by the day with all the snow and fleeces on and off !
Do grooming sprays work if so which are people using ?

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: Grooming sprays
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:20:06 PM »
There are de-tangle sprays. I don't find they do much, but other people seem to.

I've just found a regular 10min brushing each day is the best option  ph34r - I've a comb to get right into his armpits too.

I find Charlie gets more matts when he's got wet - so if he's been wet I know he needs a good brushing, (it's mainly his armpits) - if they've been covered, a quick once over does it :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »
I use a detangle spray on Milly if I see some knots starting to form, usually under the armpits and across her chest when she's been wearing a harness.
They tend to make the hair more slippery and easier to comb out with less tugging. I've found that, by making the hair slippery, they can help in reducing the amount of snow that sticks to the legs and paws and also make any that does stick easier to remove.
I use Groomers Groom and Detangle Spray.

Bob.

Offline Lovely

Grooming sprays
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
I tried Dogs Trust Dry Shampoo today, i got it to try and stop snow balls forming and it really worked for that. It also seemed to stop mud sticking so much and her fur has dried nice and soft. It's the only spray i've tried, it comes out like styling mousse and is easy to apply and smells lovely!
Ali

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 04:59:51 PM »

I use Groomers detangling spray to help ease any knots but I really do rate using in spray in conditioners on a dry coat to help add slip to the hair as this helps stop dirt attaching to the dogs hair but also again helps with grooming.

I like "The Stuff " expensive but good dilution rate use as a spray so does last and really does a good job & I have also used Mink oil spray in conditioner for when I go to indoor riding venues for training as they have sticky sand as the surface & again this helps & I did use it in the snow around the bottom of their feet & ears it helps but not 100% with the snow.

I have also found that since I have started bathing Amy in Groomers Crown Coat shampoo a vast improvement in her coat not knotting up
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack