Author Topic: Clippers question  (Read 630 times)

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Clippers question
« on: February 02, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »
I am now on page 20 of the grooming section researching equipment,techniques etc for grooming Ruby myself.

I have found a website selling Andis AGC 2 speed clippers plus a 10 blade for £125.They are also offering a "blade pack" (on the same page as the clippers) containing 7f,5f,& 4f blades for £39.99.

Can anyone tell me if they think this is this worth it? would i need the 5f or 4f ?

It doesn't state if these are Andis blades though  :-\

Thanks in advance  ;)

People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline crazybailey

• Donator
Re: Clippers question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 11:27:54 PM »
Yes sounds good to me and the andis uses the A5 type blades so are easy to get hold of. The blade pack sounds good and depending on how short you want to go you might find you could use all 3 blades. You would need to use the plastic combs with the 10 blade as that is very short. Higher the number the shorter the cut.
Ther is a good picture on here showing Which blades are good for which part of the dog., it's the clipping guide sticky in this section.
I'm normally on my phone, please forgive any typing errors!

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 11:35:53 PM »
Oh,now i'm confused.

Plastic combs  :huh: i thought i just used the different numbered blades for different parts of the body (like Micheles sticky  ;) ) and that was it.  :-\

:D
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline crazybailey

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 11:41:52 PM »
There are 2 ways of changing the lenghth of clip. One way is to have a 10 blade and use different sized plastic combs that clip over the top to alter the clip length. Or to just buy the different sized blades. Personally buying the different sized blades is easier and I think give a better overall clip. I used to be a dog groomer many moons ago!
Whal pro for instance have stopped doing the sized blades so you are stuck with plastic comb Job.
Andis are a nice clipper,.oster are good too to throw another out there...but I think I would buy andis next time.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 12:03:01 AM »
I also have the Andis 2 speed and use the 10 blade for face, neck, inside ears and a ventilation strip down the tummy, and ceramic 5fc and 7fc for the body. I also have a No. 5 skip tooth blade which is very useful for Milly's dense hair growth, especially if I've let it grow a bit too thick :doh:

Next blade for me to get is a ceramic version of the 10 blade as they run much cooler and I would imagine will be better tolerated for close up trimming.

I also got a set of combs but, after one abortive use, decided that the individual blades did a much better job.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 09:19:27 AM »
I am now on page 20 of the grooming section researching equipment,techniques etc for grooming Ruby myself.

I have found a website selling Andis AGC 2 speed clippers plus a 10 blade for £125.They are also offering a "blade pack" (on the same page as the clippers) containing 7f,5f,& 4f blades for £39.99.

Can anyone tell me if they think this is this worth it? would i need the 5f or 4f ?

It doesn't state if these are Andis blades though  :-\

Thanks in advance  ;)

In a nutshell Toni....no  :shades:
The no. 10 & a 7FC would be sufficient for clipping Ruby  :shades:  although the blade pack seems a good deal its a false economy if you don't need them  ;) :D

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 10:02:30 AM »
I use the same ones as Ninasmum - 10 & 7fc, I have the 5fc as well , but rarely use it  :D

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »
Thanks for the replies  :D

I have one other question.... :shades:

I will need to use clippers under Rubys toes as there is no way i am attempting that with scissors (even round nosed ones) so do i have to buy the toe blade also, or do peeps use a blade they already have.  :huh:

Offline crazybailey

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »
You can buy a toe blade which depending on price could be worth it.

But always use a high number to makesure you don't catch their toes in the blade.
I clip mine out I can't remember of it's a 15 or 10.

So depending on price,.maybe you would be better thinking about 7f, 5f and possibly toe blade. But cheack out pricing first.

Just to add, you don't NEED a toe blade, you can navigate a normal balde round tthe foot.....

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »
I clip my two between their toes and under pads with a no. 10. A toe blade is smaller and can be easier to manoeuvre, but I find the no.10 ok.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie