Author Topic: Anyone had a bad experience of puppy grooming?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Anyone had a bad experience of puppy grooming?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 09:02:11 AM »
Just seen this. I have a feeling Thursday will be fine.  Different groomers have different effects and techniques with dogs/puppies.
Let us know how it goes, photos too please.  :luv:

Offline HoneyG

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 02:33:05 PM »
How did you get on?  Getting nervous of Honey's first grooming on Wednesday now!  IT is a mobile dog groomer so at worst I can join her in the van I guess!
Beki (and Honey!)

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
All went really well.  The groomer said she was excellent, but just a bit wriggly when she touched her paws.  So relieved.

In all fairness the groomer who had problems worked from a table in her own home after giving up her shop.  As she said, the conditions were not ideal for a wriggly pup.  At least she was honest with me, hey?

So.....here's the result. Hope it's ok to post it here.
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 03:20:35 PM »
I dont know any puppy who likes anyone touching their paws, Riley sure doesnt either.
Gracie is just  :luv: :luv: I always thing red really suits blue roans.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 03:23:26 PM »
All went really well.  The groomer said she was excellent, but just a bit wriggly when she touched her paws.  So relieved.

In all fairness the groomer who had problems worked from a table in her own home after giving up her shop.  As she said, the conditions were not ideal for a wriggly pup.  At least she was honest with me, hey?

So.....here's the result. Hope it's ok to post it here.

Gracie looks so beautiful and very grown up!  Ozzy has been to the groomers since just after he lost his eye, and I stayed with him - she just used to trim his topknot and his feet and brush and comb him through.  When he was last done she said he was fine - she leaves his collar on and hooks it to a lead which is attached to the wall so he can't move around too much.  Not sure if other groomers do this or not, but it doesn't seem to bother him.  He's never been bathed though, so I suspect that might be a problem when the time comes.  :005:

I dont know any puppy who likes anyone touching their paws, Riley sure doesnt either.
Gracie is just  :luv: :luv: I always thing red really suits blue roans.

Ozzy loves having his paws stroked and massaged - not so keen on having his claws trimmed though!!

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 03:27:57 PM »
 :luv:pretty girl Gracie!
steffxxx

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »
Just love that freshly groomed look :luv: :luv:
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."