Author Topic: Do you use wipes, cotton wool, etc  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Do you use wipes, cotton wool, etc
« on: June 30, 2013, 04:04:04 PM »
 :o To clean their posterior ?
Im finding that Its best to do it at same time as grooming, its quite hard as Riley is very long haired in the area,
Huggies wipes seem to be fairly decent to use to keep him clean.
Any other use anything else ?

Offline Neon

• Donator
Re: Do you use wipes, cotton wool, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 04:43:43 PM »
I bought some Tushie wipes from P@H at £8.99  :o. but now use baby wipes, either from Asda or Wilkinson for much less.  I figure if they are OK for a baby's bum they are OK for Toby's bott too.  :005:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »
Do you mean regularly? The only time I've ever used anything is if one of the dogs has had diarrhoea, but apart from that I've never needed to clean there. I use the clippers immediately around and underneath the area to keep the hair shorter. That seems to keep the area clean.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:14:59 PM »
Do you mean regularly? The only time I've ever used anything is if one of the dogs has had diarrhoea, but apart from that I've never needed to clean there. I use the clippers immediately around and underneath the area to keep the hair shorter. That seems to keep the area clean.

Yes I would say every few days I give a wipe .
His hair is quite long and I can only see when his tail is lifted right up if he needs cleaning.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 05:20:33 PM »

Yes I would say every few days I give a wipe .
His hair is quite long and I can only see when his tail is lifted right up if he needs cleaning.

William (9 years old and docked and mainly white) is definitely easier than Louis (full tail and dark blue roan at the back end) but the clipped area + keeping Louis' tail hair shortish near the base of the tail helps a lot.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 05:39:06 PM »
Can see how the lighter dog and shorter tail is easier must admit.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 06:24:52 PM »
Chaz seems to think that normal bodily functions shouldn't get in the way of dashing about at high speed so, now and again, there's a need to wipe off some errr. Klingons  ;). We use tesco baby wipes.

Milly's much more the lady and takes time over her "toilette" and cleaning up afterwards.

They're both kept well trimmed around the appropriate area but Chaz just seems to have a gift for spreading it about a bit  :005:.

Bob.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 07:12:58 PM »
It's not something I've ever had to do.  If Pippa doesn't feel she's completely clean after perfrming her bodily functions, she wipes her bum on the grass.  Barney doesn't but always looks clean anyway.

Offline lescef

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »
I keep the area cut short on both of mine. However, Maddie seems to suffer quite badly and is always licking herself and shuffling  to the point of make the area red and sore. I thought it was anal glands but it isn't. I use baby wipes and sudocrem and it seems help. I also use disposable gloves as I have to poke around a bit!  :luv: (lovely topic of conversation)
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble