Author Topic: worst grooming ever!!  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
worst grooming ever!!
« on: September 24, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
Just picked Jinley up from the groomers (her usual one was in a pet shop that has gone out of business).  After telling them, I dont want her ears shaved on the outside (which she said before I left Jinley there they usually do) and I want feathers on her legs.  They have followed none of that, also they have shaved her head  >:D >:D

After being hand stripped for the past 18 months to say the least I AM NOT HAPPY!

The trouble is I dont want to go back to them to put it right because I cant see what they can do now to make it look better.  Strangely they have left her body (thankfully) but also her body feathers so now she looks totally out of proportion.

Thankfully I had her groomed 2 weeks before our holiday to Cornwall so hopefully it will have grown back a little.

Rant over!!

Offline ATB

Re: worst grooming ever!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 12:21:10 PM »
Aw poor Jinley, I'm sure she still looks beautiful though  :luv:. More annoying that they didn't listen to you! Not a lot you can do I suppose but go elsewhere next time!

My dog sitter does grooming too and I asked if she'd do P's head and ears. She also did her leg feathering which I didn't want, it was lovely, but now has been chopped straight down and looks silly!!

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »
I'm sure Miss Jinley won't mind...HOWEVER  >:D when you have asked for a specific cut/style they should do it or say something in advance.

You could look to see if there are any breeders locally and maybe message them and ask if they can recommend anyone?

I decided to trim Charlie myself when I took him to the groomers and he basically clung to my leg; I didn't want to put him through that each time. One year on, I'm quite happy with what I can do - it's expensive to start up; however, I'm happy that he's not stressed out each time he gets a trim. My first few attempts weren't great, but after his latest trim I'm very proud of myself. You could always take on her hair cuts yourself?

My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 12:31:47 PM »

I decided to trim Charlie myself when I took him to the groomers and he basically clung to my leg; I didn't want to put him through that each time. One year on, I'm quite happy with what I can do - it's expensive to start up; however, I'm happy that he's not stressed out each time he gets a trim. My first few attempts weren't great, but after his latest trim I'm very proud of myself. You could always take on her hair cuts yourself?

I second this - it's very rewarding. Dogs love it, and can keep them tidy on ongoing basis.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline black taz

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 12:43:54 PM »
I know just how you feel. Fortunately i have now found a fantastic groomer who does exactly what i ask for and Taz just loves her.  She even baths him first and her rates are a lot less than the groomer who completely ignored everything i said.  So there are good groomers out there, you just need a recommendation.

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »

I second this - it's very rewarding. Dogs love it, and can keep them tidy on ongoing basis.

I love doing him.

As I show him (occasionally) - I keep him trimmed every 2 weeks, that way I don't loose the shape  :005:. But I do enjoy giving him a trim; sometimes it's a pain but on the whole, we have smootchy time when he's being trimmed so I don't mind  :luv: :luv:.

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 01:11:31 PM »
Oh Pat how upsetting!
Are you going to post up for
a recommendation or go DIY?
steffxxx
ps Emma had a Lol at your
smoochy time... that's what I say to
Ellie in the evening... "c'mon it's
smoochy time!" and she comes
for kisses and cuddles :luv:

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 01:30:27 PM »

I third this  :005: and Ninasmum, EmilyOliver and Dipsydoodle were my guides and helped me out with good advice, tips and encouragement.

When i think of how she used to be being taken to the groomers  :'( (let alone past results), i'm happy doing her myself now and there is always someone on here to ask a question to.  :D

Failing this idea...it's back to the drawing board finding someone you like, it is upsetting for you when you stipulated what you wanted, hope you didn't pay  >:D
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 01:34:44 PM »

I third this  :005: and Ninasmum, EmilyOliver and Dipsydoodle were my guides and helped me out with good advice, tips and encouragement.

When i think of how she used to be being taken to the groomers  :'( (let alone past results), i'm happy doing her myself now and there is always someone on here to ask a question to.  :D

There are also reasonable guides on youtube :) I've been using them recently to be a bit braver with my trimming.

There is a great video, but it's in spanish but you can get the idea from it - it was posted on here. I can get the link when I'm home as I've saved it as a favourtie.

Plus we (COL) can help by posting advice/guides :). It's not that bad; honest :)

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 02:00:23 PM »
Thanks everyone.

I have just had her on the worktop (on a rubber bathmat so she wont slip) and have tried to give her body a bit of a trim.  At the moment she looks like a woolly mammoth body with shaun the sheeps head, ears and legs  ph34r ph34r

She hasnt come out of her crate for the past hour, I think due to embarrassment!!

Definitely going to give it a go and keep her trimmed myself in the future.  My SIL has some clippers and she can do between her toes for me.  But will no doubt be asking for some advice on here.

My OH says there is only a few weeks difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut!!  Lets hope so!!

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 04:05:07 PM »

Definitely going to give it a go and keep her trimmed myself in the future.  My SIL has some clippers and she can do between her toes for me.  But will no doubt be asking for some advice on here.

My OH says there is only a few weeks difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut!!  Lets hope so!!

Advice freely dispensed on here - just ask  :D

And your OH is right!  Best advice I had from my breeder (who shows) was 'don't panic whatever you do - it grows back'  :005:
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »

There are also reasonable guides on youtube :) I've been using them recently to be a bit braver with my trimming.

There is a great video, but it's in spanish but you can get the idea from it - it was posted on here. I can get the link when I'm home as I've saved it as a favourtie.

the link would be great thanks

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 07:15:15 PM »

can't agree with this enough i groom jamie my self and its so good to be able to do as little or much as you like in one go. one day i'll do his ears and paws another his back legs another his face etc etc. he's always trying to give me hugs and kisses whist i do  :luv:
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 07:20:54 PM »
I am going to do a little often as JamiesGirl has suggested to keep ontop of things.  Must admit, I havent had time lately because of making ice cream, but will spend some time every week making sure she is looking tidy rather than just brushing.

Jinley is looking very sorry for herself at the moment - I have posted on the rogues gallery a picture of her sulking in her crate!!

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 09:25:25 PM »
Jinley :luv: still looks like the beautiful Jinley :luv: I know.......just a little over groomed ;)

I'm really disappointed for you - given next door use the same place and Pebbles always looks good afterwards.....  >:D safe to say we won't be going there!

I have clippers if you want to borrow them.....