Author Topic: Getting Cockers Clipped  (Read 814 times)

Offline Tiz

• Site Member
    • http://
Getting Cockers Clipped
« on: May 19, 2005, 07:43:12 PM »
:( I live in Devon and have clipped my two cockers for the last 3 years. However I have never been formally shown how to do it and the end results never look as good as I would like. Most local dog groomers are general and I suspect will return my two girls looking like shorn sheep.
Can anyone recommend a groomer in Devon who specializes in Cockers and has some idea how they should be clipped up with a degree of feather remaining. ;)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Getting Cockers Clipped
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 07:45:55 PM »
Hi Tiz - I suppose it depends where you are - Devon is a big place! I have PM'd you the name of the Kennels that I am familar with who offer grooming - I know they have a very good reputation in the area.

Welcome to COL, BTW!
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Sass

• Site Member
Getting Cockers Clipped
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 01:55:13 PM »
:D  Hi Tiz, just down the road from you....in Exmouth!!! I do Alf myself, but do know of one lady if you're still interested, let me know  :D  By the way, welcome to COL :P
Sass and Alfie xx

Offline devondumpling

• Site Member
    • www.gwbertcockerspaniels.co.uk
Getting Cockers Clipped
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 09:26:23 PM »
Oh cool another dumpling!
Welcome to COL
We can have a Devon COL meet up soon?
Cheers Chris and Smokey
I should have said I live in South Devon so can't help with the groomer problem. Sorry
:( I live in Devon and have clipped my two cockers for the last 3 years. However I have never been formally shown how to do it and the end results never look as good as I would like. Most local dog groomers are general and I suspect will return my two girls looking like shorn sheep.
Can anyone recommend a groomer in Devon who specializes in Cockers and has some idea how they should be clipped up with a degree of feather remaining. ;)
[snapback]128153[/snapback]

Offline MCM

• Site Member
    • http://www.craftypets.co.uk
Getting Cockers Clipped
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 04:53:29 PM »
I live in Devon too, in Exmouth  :D I used to clip cockers when I was 16 - I did dog grooming for a while, and to be honest I only ever seemed to do them, nowt else!