Author Topic: Shampoo for White Coats  (Read 1001 times)

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
Shampoo for White Coats
« on: December 23, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »

I have a light blue roan cocker Jodie that when I strip her out is nearly black/white tick her white is very very white not cream in colour.

Jodie's featherings mostly her belly & legs tend to stain so look quite grubby yellow.

I am looking for a shampoo that can help remove some of the staining/yellowing from her featherings & brighten her white, we have very sandy soil so this I think is part of the problem plus I do train & compete in agility in indoor at equestrian centres which are sand.

Her general coat is very soft up to now I have used Groomers Royal Crown Jelly & Primrose oil shampoo which is brilliant but does not help with the problem with the staining.

Any recommendations of shampoo that you have used I do not want one that adds anything to her coat I have looked in my cataloge at
Wahl Diamond White, Double K Alpha white & CC White on White any one used any of these

Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Shampoo for White Coats
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 09:30:24 AM »
We use Plush Puppy's Herbal Whitening Shampoo on our tricolour girl to keep her white bits looking white - it's got no harsh ingredients (no bleaching the coat): http://www.plushpuppy.co.uk/herbal_whitening_shampoo_ginseng.html

I've also used the Wahl shampoo and have a bottle of White on White in my cupboard but have found the Plush Puppy shampoo better :shades:
Jane

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 10:10:56 AM »
Not a fan of the Wahl shampoos. Tried them very recently and found them very drying making the dogs coat very fly away and brittle. Groomers do a very good shampoo for white coats called Blue Pearl. It does not strip the coat and does not add anything to it either. :)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »

I am quite a fan of groomers shampoos so may order a small bottle to try first

Thanks

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
Tried the Groomers shampoo for white coats too (think we've tried them all) - they are all pretty much of a muchness I think as if they don't contain bleaching agents, then they just contain "optical brighteners" and the like (though it's quite hard finding out exactly what the ingredients are in most of these shampoos) Worth trying though :D
Jane

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 03:00:05 PM »
I use the Groomers Evening Primrose Shampoo but I also switch to using the MD10 silky smooth shampoo. I find both about the same, the Groomers seems to last better (with dips in the sea),but the MD10 leaves him smelling better. I've not tried any of the whitening ones yet, but he comes up lovely and white with both shampoos.

My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 06:38:24 PM »

Charlie looks lovely I was thinking of Charlie when I posted, I use Groomer Evening Primrose & is great on Jodie except does not brighten the white in the yellow tone in her leg featherings.

I know it must be our sandy soil & I do keep her featherings quite long & Jodie is quite small so does get wet & dirty quite a lot, may have to try a few different shampoos to see if I can try & get rid of the staining.

This is a picture to show how much white Jodie has not many black areas to disguise the dirt !  She was quite clean her this was taken after a bath

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 09:40:39 PM »
The shampoos we use do get him white, but they don't keep him white for long. If you find something that keeps her looking white you'll have to let me know.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)