Author Topic: So much hair!!  (Read 2243 times)

Offline abzy0309

So much hair!!
« on: January 16, 2014, 06:27:19 PM »
I need to moan! Reggie's fur is driving me insane! It's everywhere..... Even just floating about in the air! I'm seriously loosing my patience  :'(

Abbie & Reggie

Offline linda c

Re: So much hair!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 06:32:39 PM »
You'll get used to it  :005: it's a cocker thing, I seem to be permanently getting the vacuum cleaner out but the hairs gets everywhere. :005:

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 06:33:11 PM »
Aww, *hug*. Does brushing him help or does he still shed like mad?

Daisy hasn't shed at all so far but I'm waiting for it. She needs to be clipped though as she's starting to resemble a very small, black yeti  :005:

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 06:36:27 PM »
Don't have that problem with Murphy but my cavalier was terrible.

I could be sitting in the front room and a bigifur ball would just roll past (and I had probably just hoovered)

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »
Think it must be a working cocker trait. Bonnie sheds hair worse than our old lab and collie x put together. Tumbleweed city for us  :005: Strangely though, OH says she isn't bad with the shedding. Think that could be because it's cleaned up by others??

Offline sheenawilson

• our boy flint
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 08:20:31 PM »
Flint seems to be shedding for the first time properly,hoover stuck in my hands lol x

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 10:20:20 PM »
 :'( Poor you. Is it a worker thing or his age? Hudson doesn't seem to shed at all (despite resembling a small woolly mammoth) and I was totally resigned to him doing after 10 years of living with the world's fluffiest cat and twice daily hoovering!!

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »
:'( Poor you. Is it a worker thing or his age? Hudson doesn't seem to shed at all (despite resembling a small woolly mammoth) and I was totally resigned to him doing after 10 years of living with the world's fluffiest cat and twice daily hoovering!!

Murphy isn't shedding at all either (maybe an age thing?) but he still has a bit of soft puppy fluff on his sides. I assume this will shed in time.

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »
I wonder about Daisy too, she's eight months now and hasn't shed at all (she's a worker). The cats shed plenty though  >:(

This is my litte yeti at the moment!

Online MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »
Tumbleweed city here. If it is not Gemma's it is mine  :005:
 it makes no difference sweeping, we got ourselves a stick hoover and it has made a difference although can still to the skirtings twice aday
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »
The hoover is my saviour, Rodaidh and Caoimhe shed constantly and they're 7 and 5. Going by them and the Cockers at Hearing Dogs the finer coated dogs and the reds/golds seem to be particularly bad for it. It is everywhere, all the time!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »
Thanks everyone.... it really is driving me insane.  And I have been feeling so fed up with it all recently I had to have a moan! I feel better about it all today... must have been my hormoanes! haha

Reggie malts all the time, brushing him doesnt seem to make a difference.  His hair is so fine and fluffy.. and because of his colour it shows up really bad.  Have a completely black and white house does not help either.

On a day when I am in the vaccum comes out at least twice.  The other day I walked from upstairs with a brand new pair of tights on and there were dogs hairs on them by the time I made it down the stairs.... Reggie doesnt even come upstairs and he was in the utility, they must be airbourne!! ph34r

Abbie & Reggie

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 05:29:49 PM »
Yes, Minnie our worker also moults quite a lot too, but then she doesn't need trimming. Dennis hasn't been trimmed either and he will be 2 in April, but quite a lot comes out when he is brushed. We keep Rosie fairly short too.

Our conservatory where they live most of the time has cream floor tiles which are almost permanently covered in dog hairs and muddy foot prints, no matter how much we brush and steam clean it. I wouldn't be without them though  :005: :005: >:D

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »
Twiggy sheds very small, fine hairs, but William, who is like a moose most of the time, doesn't seem to shed at all. Rufus, my long-haired GSD, is like a hair machine and it just comes out of him in clumps, despite loads of brushing!

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 10:05:01 AM »
You could try going over with a comb with elastic band to get out some of the loose stuff. Mine moult more when they need stripping, although mine are also show strain. :)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx