Author Topic: So much hair!!  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: So much hair!!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 10:10:02 AM »
I have a spratts 76 comb I use on my show types, but it also works well to strip loose hair from Pip (worker).
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 02:08:13 PM »
I have a spratts 76 comb I use on my show types, but it also works well to strip loose hair from Pip (worker).

Yes an elastic band through teeth will make it even better, although I use a wider toothed Spratts for that, usually a 71 or 72. They work fab on workers too. Poss even better as they don't have the coat of a show. Give it a go. ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »
I will give it a go. Thanks for the advice.... I have ordered a comb.  :D

Abbie & Reggie

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 08:31:54 PM »
Thanks everyone.... it really is driving me insane.  And I have been feeling so fed up with it all recently I had to have a moan! I feel better about it all today... must have been my hormoanes! haha

Reggie malts all the time, brushing him doesnt seem to make a difference.  His hair is so fine and fluffy.. and because of his colour it shows up really bad.  Have a completely black and white house does not help either.

On a day when I am in the vaccum comes out at least twice.  The other day I walked from upstairs with a brand new pair of tights on and there were dogs hairs on them by the time I made it down the stairs.... Reggie doesnt even come upstairs and he was in the utility, they must be airbourne!! ph34r

Ha, I feel this! I get stuff out if the washing machine and it has cat hair on it! My lovely black wool coat which I have never worn in the presence of a cat and keep upstairs in the wardrobe in a suit bag... has cat hair on it!! Once, I went to work with a packed lunch and there was cat hair in my sandwich...

Good luck with the comb!  ;)

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 08:37:32 PM »
Isn't it annoying! How is it even possible?!??

Abbie & Reggie

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 09:16:05 PM »
Jennie did not shed much but with Penny we have little black clouds dashing a long the floor and tiny ones I thought was a spider when I first caught it dashing along the floor ,they also stick to bath mat, little black dots but she does not shed on your clothes I brush her almost daily and use a slicker brush that takes a lot of loose hair out.
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline maddy74

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 04:40:42 PM »
Think it must be a working cocker trait. Bonnie sheds hair worse than our old lab and collie x put together. Tumbleweed city for us  :005: Strangely though, OH says she isn't bad with the shedding. Think that could be because it's cleaned up by others??

I can vouch for the fact that Bonnie moults because after you visited us we were still finding black hair a week later despite hoovering.  :005:  OH said he was even finding black hair on his clothes at work  :005:

Willow hardly sheds at all but is as fluffy as can be..... Weird how they are all so different.

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 03:12:11 PM »
It is getting worse  :'( I am loosing the will to live!

Abbie & Reggie

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 11:13:53 PM »

It could just be puppy fur? But I'm afraid to say Bonnie is still as bad(sorry!). I think you just get used to it after a while but when its all new you think how much more can they shed???? Bless ya....Reggie is worth it though  :luv:

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 07:37:33 AM »
Oh noooo! Haha.

Be certainly is  :luv:

Abbie & Reggie

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 04:28:55 PM »

Have you tried the comb!? You could also try a good bath and then blast with a blaster if you have one!? Hair will get all over your bath, but it will get rid of a lot of the loose stuff! ;)

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 09:18:04 PM »
Yes I tried the comb, I have done it again and it seems much better. I have him a bit of a rough scrub in the bath and there was hair absolutely everywhere. They dryer also got a bit out.

Do you think it is just his puppy coat or could this be a continuous thing?   ph34r

Abbie & Reggie

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 03:51:59 PM »
If he is a pup or young then it is possible it is just puppy coat. However could be an ongoing thing. If you strip it out though it will help as he is loosing the dead coat which stripping removes. A good scrub in the bath will also loosen it more. Get a soft slicker brush and brush through daily too. This will all get some out. :)

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 03:56:02 PM »
There is also such a thing as 'deshedding' shampoos. I have not tried them, but some groomers seem to think they are good. Maybe worth a go!? :)