Author Topic: yet another grooming question....  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: yet another grooming question....
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 02:03:45 PM »
Thanks Sarah, I have the 2nd one, the blue one , its really gentle isnt it.
Might look at the lawrence tender care too.

Offline lescef

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 08:24:52 PM »
Can I just ask - do combs with rotating teeth work well?  I have been looking to buy one, but they don't seem to get many reviews on the sites I have looked at. Thanks x
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
Can I just ask - do combs with rotating teeth work well?  I have been looking to buy one, but they don't seem to get many reviews on the sites I have looked at. Thanks x

Yes I believe they do. I do have one, but Persoanlly prefer the greyhound on my dogs, but that is all down to my personal choice. I believe they are also gentler for the dogs. Especially when removing tangles as they don't pull on the coat as much as the teeth retract. :)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline hilhames

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
just to let people know that the Lawrence slicker brush is discontinued.   Groomers online were amazed as popular.  They don't know if the manufacturers are replacing with something else.   Still, they are sending me another brush that they say will be suitable and also am getting the hedgehog and a comb.   So hopefully will see some results.  Am so pleased with everyones help.
Where is the best place to get Ice on Ice as postage is so expensive on all these things.  Groomers online wanted to sell me their own spray but decided not to get that.
Thanks again.  Can't wait for all these goodies.  Then just need a compliant dog - without a grooming table what is best way to proceed, will just do a bit at a time.  Do it all with Chloe standing up?  We have an old camping table which is quite sturdy, thought I might use that with bathmat on for comfort.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 07:12:49 PM »
just to let people know that the Lawrence slicker brush is discontinued.   Groomers online were amazed as popular.  They don't know if the manufacturers are replacing with something else.   Still, they are sending me another brush that they say will be suitable and also am getting the hedgehog and a comb.   So hopefully will see some results.  Am so pleased with everyones help.
Where is the best place to get Ice on Ice as postage is so expensive on all these things.  Groomers online wanted to sell me their own spray but decided not to get that.
Thanks again.  Can't wait for all these goodies.  Then just need a compliant dog - without a grooming table what is best way to proceed, will just do a bit at a time.  Do it all with Chloe standing up?  We have an old camping table which is quite sturdy, thought I might use that with bathmat on for comfort.

I get ice on ice from Christie direct, usually arrives I a few days . My first concentrated bottle has lasted over a year , use every day too.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 08:51:05 PM »

Oh no not good news about the brush.  :-\ Sorry about that. Hopefully the other will be as good. Groomers online are lovely and always very friendly and helpful. Ice on ice I usually get from shows, which saves on postage, but yes you can get it online from christies as said above. As long as the table is sturdy it sounds perfect with a matt. Some people use an ironing board I believe, but I would think that is quite wobbly. I love getting new grooming goodies, enjoy!!  :D
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline lozzyf

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 02:25:07 PM »
As said above a zoom groom is good for getting dead coat out or even massaging shampoo in. I liken in to a rubber curry comb used for horses and is basically used for the same purpose.  ;) I use a soft slicker brush and a greyhound comb, which is a long thin comb with teeth all the way down. I also never brush my dogs without my trusty Ice on Ice conditioning spray.  :shades: I spray first then use the brush to gently loosen. Then I get the comb and work right through the coat. Making sure to get right in and right to the ends. Then I spray again and a last brush to finish. Strip tech powder is wonderful stuff, also is the comb with elastic band for stripping. I also use finger cots which are basically just the fingers of latex gloves. I don't get on with the whole gloves as find I can't grip well as they don't fit snuggly enough and also they dry my hand out. Only thing I will say about the stripping powder or chalks is I only use them when I need to get a lot out and only when I am going to bath it out within a few days as I don't like to leave things like that in the coat for long. Hope that helps.  :D
Where do you get the ice on ice and how much?